HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Structure take no damage / attacks repelled? Messages in this topic - RSS

Adeptus Astartes
Adeptus Astartes

9/22/2016
Structures are suppose to take damage when attacked right?
I tried to attack a research facility but due to some phenomenon my attacks are not going through. I did attack location and corporation just cant seem to work
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/22/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Xarleto wrote:
I tried to attack a research facility but due to some phenomenon my attacks are not going through. I did attack location and corporation just cant seem to work

I'm looking into this tonight. Might be a problem with looting artifacts or attacking research facilities I havn't noticed
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/22/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Xarleto wrote:

DId you try to raid against an artifact or product? Was it present at the location? If you attempt to raid something but it isn't there, or the system thinks it isn't there, it cancels the attack altogether like that. I'm guessing that is what happened
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/22/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Doctor Dread wrote:
Xarleto wrote:

DId you try to raid against an artifact or product? Was it present at the location? If you attempt to raid something but it isn't there, or the system thinks it isn't there, it cancels the attack altogether like that. I'm guessing that is what happened

I also just realized that the Raid option for items is not in place at all even thought the interface allows you to select items on a raid. The option for items is being removed tonight. Delete any order you have that is doing it.

Raiding for items might be off the table indefinitely unless we re-working raiding in general. Right now raiding is pretty much guaranteed to return something but that's problematic with VERY pricey artifacts in the game now. There is no way to defend them. We might have to make a system that drops your raiding power to nothing when you are trying to attack a force that outnumbers you or is even half your size. That would make you able to just have a lot of firepower or defenses around your artifacts to prevent all but BIG raiding parties from coming in taking anything.
0 link
Adeptus Astartes
Adeptus Astartes

9/22/2016
I'll try to explain what happen.
1. I attack corporation with research facility with him owning an artifact item (raid option on)
2. Attack did not go through at all, repeated a few time nothing happen
3. Attack corporation with research facility with him owning an artifact item (raid option off)
4. Attack did not go through either, repeated a few time nothing happen
5. Attack location with research facility artifact items present on location (raid option on)
6. Attack did not go through either
7. Attack location with research facility artifact items present on location (raid option off)
8. Did not work either tried several time
might be something with attack a location with research facility present?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/22/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I am able to attack a location with a research facility on my machine. What location are you attacking? I'll try it myself.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

9/23/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
I think we all have to attack Dread now just to test this out thoroughly.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/23/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Vulpex wrote:
I think we all have to attack Dread now just to test this out thoroughly.

Go ahead I don't hold a grudge =)

I have a feeling the specific corporation he's attacking isn't the right one or something. It only cancels like that when it has no target
0 link
Adeptus Astartes
Adeptus Astartes

9/24/2016
Ok it works if I attack with a single ship. I was using a fleet the first time, I'll try with a fleet once Terran Feds leaves :p
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/24/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Xarleto wrote:
Ok it works if I attack with a single ship. I was using a fleet the first time, I'll try with a fleet once Terran Feds leaves :p

Where you trying to raid with a fleet? That could be something. Where is this at?
0 link