HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Downgrade Structure or reduced capacity Messages in this topic - RSS

Vagabond820
Vagabond820

9/25/2016
Vagabond820
Vagabond820
Can we get a feature that allows you to return a building to an earlier level of maintenance/production or a way to reduce the operating cost by reducing the production rate?

Downgrade: return a lvl3 structure to a lvl2 structure.
Reduce Capacity: building maintenance per turn = base rate (level dependent) 20% + production rate 80%. As an example, a level 2 building may cost 500 per turn (full rate) and a lvl3 1500 per turn (full rate), but a lvl3 producing at a lvl2 rate would cost 700 per turn.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/25/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Vagabond820 wrote:
Can we get a feature that allows you to return a building to an earlier level of maintenance/production or a way to reduce the operating cost by reducing the production rate?

Downgrade: return a lvl3 structure to a lvl2 structure.
Reduce Capacity: building maintenance per turn = base rate (level dependent) 20% + production rate 80%. As an example, a level 2 building may cost 500 per turn (full rate) and a lvl3 1500 per turn (full rate), but a lvl3 producing at a lvl2 rate would cost 700 per turn.

That idea is on the to do list. You probably will get some money back on the downgrade.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

9/25/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
This sounds familiar - yes pretty please wink Would love this. Far too easy to overbuild, or to have requirements be a bit different once neighbours come to settle in.
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

12/14/2016
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Has there been any movement on this front? I don't want to destroy my lvl 8 structures, but would rather drop them to lvl 4 or 5 instead of manipulating their productivity...

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

12/14/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
ChaChaCharms wrote:
Has there been any movement on this front? I don't want to destroy my lvl 8 structures, but would rather drop them to lvl 4 or 5 instead of manipulating their productivity...

... It's on the to do list I promise you =)

I have to get all the mysterious artifacts at least functioning and its a slog. They are the last feature to put in at a minimum level before I can spend time on refining things.

Also, Isn't it currently the same thing as a lower level structure? If you set it to 50% production the cost doesn't go to 50% a well?
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

12/14/2016
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Yes the cost goes down, but my structural capacity remains the same, basically I want to employ lean practices whiles maximizing my research

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link