HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Reset of demand? Messages in this topic - RSS

Vulpex
Vulpex

9/28/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
Looking at western there has been a significant reset in the demand of products there - where many products were over 400% in demand just 12 hours ago, now all of the demand has fallen to about 120 each or less, while no products were sold at all.

Is this normal? It will help population bounce back (because of some votes and just supply issues the population of Western has fallen from over 5 million to less than 2 million) But I would be interested in understanding what has happened because it really impacts procurement and sales strategies when this happens.
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

9/28/2016
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
This after you bought all those nice robots?

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

9/28/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
Actually yes :p

Now don't get me wrong - I wanted to get the demand to drop but it just... skews the economy considerably for demand to fluctuate wildly like this with no apparent reason.
edited by Vulpex on 9/28/2016
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/28/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Vulpex wrote:
Looking at western there has been a significant reset in the demand of products there - where many products were over 400% in demand just 12 hours ago, now all of the demand has fallen to about 120 each or less, while no products were sold at all.

Is this normal? It will help population bounce back (because of some votes and just supply issues the population of Western has fallen from over 5 million to less than 2 million) But I would be interested in understanding what has happened because it really impacts procurement and sales strategies when this happens.

It appears as though a an event floored all the prices but I don't see any recent event hitting western that would do that. Because western is below 2 million pop only the tier 1 products are going up normally the rest are at 1/10nth normal speed. Something could of happened event wise 200 turns ago that hit a couple of categories. The 20% demand across all goods in some categories makes me suspect that.

If they are rising at 0.1 % a turn then it is back to normal
edited by DrDread on 9/28/2016
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

9/28/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
Yeah it does feel as if there was some kind of "sneak event" or is there some way that dropping under the 2 million population threshold would affect prices across the board in this way?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/28/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Vulpex wrote:
Yeah it does feel as if there was some kind of "sneak event" or is there some way that dropping under the 2 million population threshold would affect prices across the board in this way?

Dropping below 2 million doesn't trigger anything, The Demand for higher tier products just doesn't go up as fast if the population is under a certain number. The demand for vehicles is at 19.2 now about 20 turns after I checked and it was at 19.0 That sounds correct. The event grid only goes back 100 turns after and event has finished but the records aren't deleted for a couple of weeks. I bet if I dug into it there would be a couple of category wide events flooring the price that ENDED about 200 turns ago
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

9/29/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
Huh.... ok now demand is back to where it was... very high across the board. I wonder if what I have seen is some kind of display issue but it a bit bizarre.
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

9/29/2016
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Is anyone else feeling a little slighted that the massive game breaking bug was only noticed after someone was abusing it for weeks? It is hard to understand the ethics of a person who blatantly abuses a game mechanic in a beta, you know, the place where these things are supposed to identified and fixed, not abused. Just want to know if I am in the minority on this one or not..

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

9/29/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
Ahem... ChaCha you are posting in the wrong thread :p
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/29/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
ChaChaCharms wrote:
Is anyone else feeling a little slighted that the massive game breaking bug was only noticed after someone was abusing it for weeks? It is hard to understand the ethics of a person who blatantly abuses a game mechanic in a beta, you know, the place where these things are supposed to identified and fixed, not abused. Just want to know if I am in the minority on this one or not..

In the end its my game that is buggy, people will always exploit. Its a little different if you make 4 billion, build a mass of ship s and then target every new player you can find with. Then we have to "Black Hole" you =)
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/29/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
ChaChaCharms wrote:

In the end it wasn't a tragic amount of money and it only affected a handful of people. If it wasn't a beta test it would be dealt with by moving some money back out.
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

9/30/2016
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Well the exploit did deal with demand so smile

Vulpex wrote:
Ahem... ChaCha you are posting in the wrong thread :p

--
0 link