HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Going into Space Messages in this topic - RSS

Rafael
Rafael

11/10/2016
Rafael
Rafael
How do I explore/land on/build on worlds that are now where my HQ is. In my case I am on Sol and want to explore sites on other worlds in the solar system with the idea of building there and trading... Any help is appreciated.
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

11/10/2016
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
you would need to build a shipyard, and start off with a freighter (largest cargo) and build ACP structures from your HQ. the ACP structures can be deployed into any resource producing structure. You also have the option to build ACP Bases and Shipyards. Follow the same principles in the tutorial for deploying a building on the same planet, but adjust it the coords and unit you are ordering.

You can only trade with other players through contracts, but you can sell to other cities by issuing orders to your units carrying your resources.

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

11/10/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
If you're talking about exploring new stars, you can't =)

The game opens up those stars with planes and such when it needs to expand. Outside of Sol if a system gets 10 established cities then another nearby system opens up and becomes populated. When 10 systems in a sector are opened up, another nearby sector opens up.

There WILL be events and quests that will require you to go out into space and explore/interact with but they aren't in game yet. Its something we're trying to work on within a couple of weeks
+1 link
johnnydrinkmeth
johnnydrinkmeth

11/17/2016
johnnydrinkmeth
johnnydrinkmeth
I can't figure out how to build a freighter. When I go into my shipyard, it only has scout and corvette. Is there something I'm missing?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

11/17/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
johnnydrinkmeth wrote:
I can't figure out how to build a freighter. When I go into my shipyard, it only has scout and corvette. Is there something I'm missing?

It's not obvious but, you need to level up the shipyard, It opens up more ships until level 5 where you can build them all. Level 2 I think will get you Frigate and Freighter. Past that it builds them faster. You repair faster at shipyards also, level 10 shipyard repairs you twice as fast.

A Scout and Corvette can carry 1-2 ACP items if you're trying to put some structures elsewhere. They are also a lot faster moving. Frigate carries a lot more and isn't too slow either. They are good for shipping moderate amount of goods around.

Freighters are kind of slow but can carry massive amount of cargo. They aren't a good choice to put structures elsewhere or carry small loads around. They are only viable when you're producing hundreds of units a turn and can actually haul 5-10k units around without waiting.
edited by DrDread on 11/17/2016
0 link
johnnydrinkmeth
johnnydrinkmeth

11/17/2016
johnnydrinkmeth
johnnydrinkmeth
Sweet! Thanks a lot. That was my guess, but I didn't want to invest in upgrading my shipyard 100 levels and find out I was wrong, lol.

When I was doing the tutorial, I was thinking that getting offworld would be part of it. Maybe the last part of the tutorial could be getting into a shipyard? Or just put in some text on the last page? (just an idea, I know we're still in beta).
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

11/17/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
johnnydrinkmeth wrote:
Sweet! Thanks a lot. That was my guess, but I didn't want to invest in upgrading my shipyard 100 levels and find out I was wrong, lol.

When I was doing the tutorial, I was thinking that getting offworld would be part of it. Maybe the last part of the tutorial could be getting into a shipyard? Or just put in some text on the last page? (just an idea, I know we're still in beta).

Text on the last page is something I want to put in. A bulleted list of "things to try next"
+1 link
johnnydrinkmeth
johnnydrinkmeth

11/18/2016
johnnydrinkmeth
johnnydrinkmeth
Yep, I think that would be absolutely perfect. How to get off world, joining guilds, ways in which combat fits in, roles of artefacts and politics etc.
0 link
Rassol
Rassol

11/18/2016
Rassol
Rassol
Almost all that info can be found in "Tutorial" tab on landing page.
0 link
johnnydrinkmeth
johnnydrinkmeth

11/18/2016
johnnydrinkmeth
johnnydrinkmeth
Do you mean the guide? And yes, it can, it's just a bit intimidating to read through a wall of text all at once.

Something like "artefacts are rare, powerful items which can improve your units. Look Here for more information" can help break it up and make everything more accessible for new players (if they're anything like me).
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

11/18/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
johnnydrinkmeth wrote:
Do you mean the guide? And yes, it can, it's just a bit intimidating to read through a wall of text all at once.

Something like "artefacts are rare, powerful items which can improve your units. Look Here for more information" can help break it up and make everything more accessible for new players (if they're anything like me).

The first page of the guide can be a list of one sentence descriptions like that with links to those relevant sections. The guide is written more of a "What Everything Is" as opposed to a "How do you do anything" guide. I want to make some youtube videos explaining some of the basics of the game
0 link
johnnydrinkmeth
johnnydrinkmeth

11/18/2016
johnnydrinkmeth
johnnydrinkmeth
Breaking down the information is the real task. I'm sure watever format you pick will be great. Videos sound awesome!
0 link