HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Units loosing active order and keep moving Messages in this topic - RSS

Zango
Zango

11/12/2016
Zango
Zango
It happend svereval times now, that I had units with an active orders list suddenly loose
their active order (the list was kept, but none was marked as active), and in case of freighter and scout, they kept moving.

Result was, as soon as I noticed they were waaay off (one freighter was found in sector 11:11 even).
I had to salvage the freighter (lvl8 smile ) because I already waited days for him to return to sol ...

What can cause this behaviour ?
I made several upgrades during active order "missions", do these stop the order chain?
If so, one assumes, the unit stops for upgrading, not heading in the last direction open end, when
the update turn hits.

Maybe someone can bring insight on this behaviour.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

11/12/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Zangorian wrote:
It happend svereval times now, that I had units with an active orders list suddenly loose
their active order (the list was kept, but none was marked as active), and in case of freighter and scout, they kept moving.

Result was, as soon as I noticed they were waaay off (one freighter was found in sector 11:11 even).
I had to salvage the freighter (lvl8 smile ) because I already waited days for him to return to sol ...

What can cause this behaviour ?
I made several upgrades during active order "missions", do these stop the order chain?
If so, one assumes, the unit stops for upgrading, not heading in the last direction open end, when
the update turn hits.

Maybe someone can bring insight on this behaviour.

That doesn't make much sense. Even if you lose the "Currently Active Order" flag on your list the ship wouldn't run off flying, it will finish its last movement order. The orders are set to destinations.

The only way you can really remove the active flag and that's to delete the order that is the current one.

If you have a ship that is doing this, running off into space, mention its name and leave it alone so I can take a look.

UPDATE: Do any of these freighters have orders going to a city that was abandoned? The city vanishing shouldn't affect the move order, it goes by coordinates not cities but it could be related
edited by DrDread on 11/12/2016
0 link
Zango
Zango

11/12/2016
Zango
Zango
For the freighter I definitly had a route with a destination that was abandoned, in this case it was Nenzel on Gulayev V.
SInce this unit is the last I salvaged it must be easy to find in the logs.
0 link
Freestylah
Freestylah

11/21/2016
Freestylah
Freestylah
the "Currently Active Order" does gets lost sometimes. noticed it a few times now on my transports. Never had one drifting away though
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

11/22/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I haven't tried this but if you delete an order from the list, the "loop" order might break if its trying to loop back to that order. It might happen on editing the order you are looping to also.
0 link
Freestylah
Freestylah

11/22/2016
Freestylah
Freestylah
Doctor Dread wrote:
I haven't tried this but if you delete an order from the list, the "loop" order might break if its trying to loop back to that order. It might happen on editing the order you are looping to also.

yeah there is definitely something wrong with one of my transports(name: basicMINERtrans). It stopped after every loop order. I might have edited the orders or even removed things, but i cant confirm this. I have now set it to do 99 loops so i could see if that helps and it seems it does. loops are at 99/1 so i believe and its midway 2 loop so i guess it will continue to work for now
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

11/22/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Freestylah wrote:
Doctor Dread wrote:

yeah there is definitely something wrong with one of my transports(name: basicMINERtrans). It stopped after every loop order. I might have edited the orders or even removed things, but i cant confirm this. I have now set it to do 99 loops so i could see if that helps and it seems it does. loops are at 99/1 so i believe and its midway 2 loop so i guess it will continue to work for now

Edit it again to infinite. I thin it will still work. Once you edit the loop order it should correct itself. But it probably DOES NOT correct itself when you delete the order its looping to or perhaps rearrange the order list. There is a chance that Editing the loop order, as opposed to adding a new one does something screwy also. A lot of things have changed over the last few months, gotta look at this again =)
0 link
Freestylah
Freestylah

11/22/2016
Freestylah
Freestylah
Oke, i changed it back. Will update when i know more
0 link
Freestylah
Freestylah

11/22/2016
Freestylah
Freestylah
Changing the loop back to infinite worked.
0 link