Mysterious Artifacts and Quest Events Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

12/4/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
We've finally started putting in the Mysterious Artifacts and Quest Events this week. The Mysterious Artifacts usually initiate some sort of exploration or puzzle solving quest for your Corp with the rewards being, for now, special units or higher level artifact then the one you used. There is also a new Order Type "Search Location" that goes along with these new kinds of events. The More Info tab for Military units now actually shows the base stats and a graph of the units combat values also.

Mysterious A1, A5, AX artifacts have been added. Currently only the Mysterious A1 artifacts do anything, While you can now produce the A5 and AX versions from artifact resource sites also, you can only Deploy the A1 version. The bigger versions will have appropriate quests in place soon. When Deploying an A1 Mysterious artifact it will initiate a "Corp Only" Event. It will send you a private message and show up under events with an orange border icon. Only you can see your own events. The event is typically a logic or mathematics puzzle that decodes a grid coordinate. There is actually only one style of event at the moment but the puzzles are randomly generated. If you think you broke the code then you can send a unit to that location and order it to "Search Location" if you are right then you will trigger the event and receive a reward, otherwise the searching units log will tell you that you didn't find anything. Also, you cannot search a location if you unit was in combat that turn. The search order will cancel and move to the next in your orders list. The events we added do not link to the specific unit that deployed them, any other unit can do the searching but future mysterious events might trigger differently depending on the unit that deployed it or even flag the deploying unit as the one that needs to do the quest.

The rewards are mostly special units or a chance to discovering a higher level artifact than the one you used. 4 special ground units and 4 special ships have been added for these events so far. The A1 versions of these mysterious artifact will spawn simple and short puzzle quests with unit rewards slightly more powerful than what the other artifacts can give you instantly. The A5 Mysterious artifacts will have more complicated and multi stage puzzles and offer bigger special units. the AX versions will probably be difficult to even solve, require more than one day of traveling around and fighting things but can provide the most powerful units or initiate crazy system wide events. That is the plan going forward.

The new "Search Location" order does absolutely nothing but trigger a quest event if you are at the right location. Don't' bother "searching" random locations hoping to find something, although maybe we'll put that in a future update =)

The More Info tab for military units now shows that units "Base Attributes" and "Base attack values " against other units. It also shows what kind of unit it "Attacks As". When it comes to special units, their base stats might be different but they Attack As one of the normal units types. When you see a unit with an attack multiplier, it is multiplying those base attack values. For Example, an AI Reaper craft Attacks as A Corvette but has a x25 attack multiplier. So whatever damage you the corvette doing to other units types, you can multiply that by 25 and that's how much it is actually doing. If you threw on a Nova Cannon artifact then the multiplier will go higher. For Ground units the multiplier is usually the number of actually units. Level 5 Ground unit is 25x normal and has a 25x attack multiplier. Artifact boosters affect the units base attack multiplier or stats which then gets multiplied again when you level it up.

We plan to work on the bigger Mysterious events and start adding more events and content in general over the next few weeks. Slowly fixing some of the UI flaws while we're at it.
0 link
Atlashan
Atlashan

12/4/2016
Atlashan
Atlashan
great work !
0 link
CrAcKeZ
CrAcKeZ

12/7/2016
CrAcKeZ
CrAcKeZ
Deployed two A1 Mysterious artifacts, decrypted the coordinates, sent a unit to search location... guess what, my unit is still travelling to the coordinates after 3 days and the transmission ends at round 18254 / 18255 and it is already turn 18474....

Does this mean once the transmission ends, the event also ends and my unit that is still travelling to these coordinates will search the location and end up with nothing? And if so, it will take my unit another 3 or more days just to get back with no gain...

Please explain in more detail how these events work. Thanks.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

12/7/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
CrAcKeZ wrote:
Deployed two A1 Mysterious artifacts, decrypted the coordinates, sent a unit to search location... guess what, my unit is still travelling to the coordinates after 3 days and the transmission ends at round 18254 / 18255 and it is already turn 18474....

Does this mean once the transmission ends, the event also ends and my unit that is still travelling to these coordinates will search the location and end up with nothing? And if so, it will take my unit another 3 or more days just to get back with no gain...

Please explain in more detail how these events work. Thanks.

The coordinates are on the planet you deployed it from. I think the event mentions that. You're decrypting two numbers, the grid location on that planet. If you are traveling 3 days you made a mistake =)

You may of mistaken the 5 number sequence for a full galactic location? Like Quad,Zone,Sector,System,Planet,Grid , even that is 6 numbers. Maybe the Galactic Coordinate? like 122070331 : 190429557 ? Can I ask how you decrypted your sequence so I can make it more clear?

Yes the event dies after 100 turns and you won't find anything there.. I should up that to at least a couple days. The event doesn't actually mention a timeout in the text, I could add that also. The only indication is that the stage is set to end 100 turns after it started.

The bigger ones will involve more off world travel that could potentially take days.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

12/7/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
May I also say that your corporation produces absolutely nothing. Makes millions of credits a turn just Buying and Selling products which you spend on massively Overcrowded Research facilities pumping out artifacts. You are also worth 12 billion credits.

I'm putting some screenshots of your corporation in a new folder I started a week ago called "Playing Hard" =)
0 link
CrAcKeZ
CrAcKeZ

12/7/2016
CrAcKeZ
CrAcKeZ
Ok I completely misinterpreted the event.

Secret Location - Earth
The artifact begins to transmit a repeating signal that seems to be referring to grid coordinates on the planet but it is encrypted. Decipher the numerical sequences below and order a unit to search that location.

(9 , 13 , 11 , 15 , ?) : (28 , 21 , 18 , 11 , ?)

Sol | Earth
Stage: 1 - Decipher Transmission - Ends: 18255
Solve the numeric sequences below to obtain grid coordinates on this planet.
Send a unit to Search that location.
(9 , 13 , 11 , 15 , ?) : (28 , 21 , 18 , 11 , ?)

I thought you only needed to solve the sequence for the question mark part only and not reorder all the coordinates.
9, 13, 11, 15, 13 : 28, 21, 18, 11, 8
I thought it was just a simple pattern to solve the question mark. From left to right, every odd number was + 2 and every even was +2 on the left coordinates. Every odd number was -10 and even -10 on the right coordinates. Hence the 13 and 8. So yes I have mistaken it for a galactic location or whatever. I pasted those coordinates in view screen and they worked so I assumed I needed to go there. Thought the transmission was coming outside of the planet Earth.
Can you please solve the above, I still don’t understand how, complete newbie here.
Maybe even explain the coordinate system, there are coordinates 122070339 : 190429561 on Earth. How does this translate back to this form (x, x, x, x, x) : (x, x, x, x, x) ??? Are single digits represented as 07 or just 7.
edited by CrAcKeZ on 12/7/2016
edited by CrAcKeZ on 12/7/2016
0 link
CrAcKeZ
CrAcKeZ

12/7/2016
CrAcKeZ
CrAcKeZ
Doctor Dread wrote:
May I also say that your corporation produces absolutely nothing. Makes millions of credits a turn just Buying and Selling products which you spend on massively Overcrowded Research facilities pumping out artifacts. You are also worth 12 billion credits.

I'm putting some screenshots of your corporation in a new folder I started a week ago called "Playing Hard" =)

Yes, this model only works if the player base is low. It would be a lot harder later just buying reselling as there would be competition to sell due to volumes caps so taking advantage to earn a lot of $$. A lot of time is spend looking where to buy low and sell high for quick return so have to constantly update this daily as soon as return starts dropping.
0 link
CrAcKeZ
CrAcKeZ

12/7/2016
CrAcKeZ
CrAcKeZ
Nvm, I think I get it, the coordinates was supposed to be 13:8 on Earth right? -_-
0 link
CrAcKeZ
CrAcKeZ

12/8/2016
CrAcKeZ
CrAcKeZ
I searched 13:8 and my event still triggered and got a special unit even though the transmission ended... probably should have put this in the bug thread...
It also showed the "Artifact Signal Lost" and "Unit Discovered" message at the same time.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

12/8/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
If you found something then you got it right. The number sequences are random but are generated from 4 or 5 different kinds of patterns. Usually add or subtracting from the precious number, back and forth or maybe dividing.

If you found your artifact after it expired, I need to take a look at that and its probably a bug.

There also seems to be a bug allowing you to build them the new units at shipyards and bases, something I forget to limit
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

12/8/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
The artifact units should no longer be buildable at the bases and yards. If you already had one under construction you can keep it. That was like two units.

I think I found the bug where you can still locate an artifact after the event has expired too
0 link
Atlashan
Atlashan

12/9/2016
Atlashan
Atlashan
i try to build as confirm that is possible : 1 privateer 1 alien 1 Heroic Infantry 1 merc unit (edit:build them 1-2 days ago)
(09/12/2016) from now i confirm that you can not see them on build list
edited by Atlashan on 12/9/2016
0 link