HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Smaller Profit margin for Buying/Sell stuff Messages in this topic - RSS

Skratti
Skratti

12/12/2016
Skratti
Skratti
The events create situations where one can buy stuff for 10 credits per unit, and sell it for 3000, leading to an enormous profit.
Even after a day of trading, I still get a profit of 80%.

Proposal:
Let prices not drop further than to 50%, and make it harder for prices to go up.

I'd even be happy with a 30% profit margin - that would be enough incentive to create traders.

The profit margin is dropping due my trading activities, which is rather nice. It could drop a bit faster, and I'd still be OK with it.

Perhaps the global price level (average of all cities) could be used : the further one city is away from that global price level, the faster it does recover (both directions).
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

12/12/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Skratti wrote:
The events create situations where one can buy stuff for 10 credits per unit, and sell it for 3000, leading to an enormous profit.
Even after a day of trading, I still get a profit of 80%.

Proposal:
Let prices not drop further than to 50%, and make it harder for prices to go up.

I'd even be happy with a 30% profit margin - that would be enough incentive to create traders.

The profit margin is dropping due my trading activities, which is rather nice. It could drop a bit faster, and I'd still be OK with it.

Perhaps the global price level (average of all cities) could be used : the further one city is away from that global price level, the faster it does recover (both directions).

Well when you buy, you raise the price and when you sell you lower it. So the profit margin corrects itself but someone correctly pointed out that there are so many cities and so few players that there is always a city with a maximum demand price floating around.

When we launch the game we're probably going to cut the number if cities in half. Also, in Sol the population of the cities don't respond to the product demand in the same way as the other systems do. If demand is all really high, the population of the city drops and vice versa. The lower the population the lower the "volume" of the product demand is which means it takes a lot less quantity of buying and selling to move the demand up and down. I think I need to engage the population movement in Sol in the same way as the other systems but still have a limitation on it, Sol can't "go dead"
0 link