HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Bug On World Map Coord Selection Messages in this topic - RSS

Rydh2o
Rydh2o

12/29/2016
Rydh2o
Rydh2o
On my resolution (1920x1080) I am noticing that if I go to the world map to select a square coord after scrolling down it offsets the box from the mouse pointer a great deal. Even if I full screen the browser window I have about two mouse wheel clicks of scroll available. In being that I can't see the coords at the bottom right of the screen without scrolling down it essentially makes this tool worthless for me.
I uploaded a screenshot to pasteboard.co for you to see the issue:
https://cdn.pbrd.co/images/fS461EQwo.png
With each click of the mouse wheel my yellow box gets further away from my cursor seemingly by a multiple of 2 squares
0 link
Rydh2o
Rydh2o

12/29/2016
Rydh2o
Rydh2o
Crap... apparently Print Screen doesn't save my mouse cursor location. I will see if I can capture that as well through another method. My cursor was at the green dot directly above the yellow box. As I move the mouse the box remains the same distance from the cursor in a direct verticle line with it with the same relative distance that grows as I scroll down the page.
0 link
Rydh2o
Rydh2o

12/29/2016
Rydh2o
Rydh2o
http://pasteboard.co/fSh3SvplJ.png

There we go. Apparently Problem Steps Recorder in windows gets the cursor.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

12/29/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
This is funny. I originally made the game fit on a smaller screen but everyone complained so it got bigger over time. Here we are and it doesn't fit on 1080 =)

The mouseover on the viewscreen does have this problem where if it doesn't fit on the screen for whatever reason the mouse coordinates get screwy and the box becomes offset. I plan on changing the viewscreen to probably use HTML5 canvas element and see if it corrects the problem.

In the meantime you can try clicking on the Overlay checkbox and see the grid. You can also try to zoom out int he browser and see if you can get the entire viewscreen to show up at once
0 link
Cogs
Cogs

12/31/2016
Cogs
Cogs
Hi,

when using a small display screen size, say 15" resolution 1366 x 768, where the viewscreen maps do not appear in their entirety, say last 3-4 grid parts are not displayed and need a scroll down to be revealed, when scrolled down to see the lower parts the curser/pointer is misplaced/slipped a few grids vertically for each scroll/grid move in relation to the colored position square - when scrolling up again the pointer and square are overlapped again when reaching the top of the displayed page -- it works fine on my second screen which is a 20" screen resolution 1920 x 1080 and displays the entire viewscreen page plus some space below.

Hope it can be resolved soon.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

12/31/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Surgicus wrote:
Hi,

when using a small display screen size, say 15" resolution 1366 x 768, where the viewscreen maps do not appear in their entirety, say last 3-4 grid parts are not displayed and need a scroll down to be revealed, when scrolled down to see the lower parts the curser/pointer is misplaced/slipped a few grids vertically for each scroll/grid move in relation to the colored position square - when scrolling up again the pointer and square are overlapped again when reaching the top of the displayed page -- it works fine on my second screen which is a 20" screen resolution 1920 x 1080 and displays the entire viewscreen page plus some space below.

Hope it can be resolved soon.

This is a know problem with old code that actually got worse in the last round of some browsers. Anytime the viewscreen cant fit on screen the browser is getting confused as to where the mouse is in ON THE VIEWSCREN. You should be able to recover it if you Zoom Out the Browser or pinch out the screen on your mobile until the screen fits then refresh the page and try again. We plan to change the code used on the viewscreen sometime soon.
0 link