HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Possible reason for crash Messages in this topic - RSS

Orexis
Orexis

3/2/2017
Orexis
Orexis
Id meant to tell my warp carrier and army to stop attacking as the carrier itsself was taking too much damage and was going to die at the same time as the mothership but i forgot to go in and stop it. I came back thinking id lost the carrier but it looks like the game stopped on the exact turn the ship would have died on (ship is 2% hp). As much as im glad it sisnt die, I wonder if the battle broke the game as both my carrier carrying units as well as the mothership would have died in that one battle.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

3/2/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Orexis wrote:
Id meant to tell my warp carrier and army to stop attacking as the carrier itsself was taking too much damage and was going to die at the same time as the mothership but i forgot to go in and stop it. I came back thinking id lost the carrier but it looks like the game stopped on the exact turn the ship would have died on (ship is 2% hp). As much as im glad it sisnt die, I wonder if the battle broke the game as both my carrier carrying units as well as the mothership would have died in that one battle.

Game seems to be running now. I can't see the logs from where I am. Did it recover the next turn?
0 link
Orexis
Orexis

3/2/2017
Orexis
Orexis
Not sure how long after. Oddly the status went from a red X to a green check in the middle of a turn I think, before I had even changed the fleet's orders to no longer attack. So possibly wasn't my fleet and I just got very lucky. Very odd
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

3/2/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Orexis wrote:
Not sure how long after. Oddly the status went from a red X to a green check in the middle of a turn I think, before I had even changed the fleet's orders to no longer attack. So possibly wasn't my fleet and I just got very lucky. Very odd

I found the problem but I didn't push the fix up yet. Ill do it tomorrow. . I think this has been a elusive bug that I've seen before. The "Group" is not being updated correctly when units are being destroyed or damaged in it. When the carrier blew up, the only things left in the group were carried units, and it confused the code. But it looks like the group wasn't being updated when damaged either. This is why the "group" never shows damage when it should And it also doesn't update capacity when carried units are destroyed.

This fix should go in tomorrow. Don't get into a fight with a "group" that has a lone carrier in it that dies till tomorrow =)
0 link
Orexis
Orexis

3/3/2017
Orexis
Orexis
ahhhh, gotcha, so most likely actually it was the 2 artillery that died the turn just before that which were also on that carrier. By your description, the code probably had a hard time readjusting the carrying capacity of the carrier and locked everything up. I'll try not to get myself killed again 8) I keep going "ok, I'll attack for X turns, then I get distracted and forget for like 2 or 3 turns past that upset. No idea why I don't use the feature that's build in that literally does exactly that for me.....
0 link