HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Defending home town Messages in this topic - RSS

IamGroot
IamGroot

3/8/2017
IamGroot
IamGroot
I am just wondering about how the mechanics of this works. I know on Earth or all of SOL we have Terran Federation troops. I myself started in Jacksonville a few days back. I guess out of general paranoia I felt I should pitch in on defending my home town.. I have even gone so far as deploying at least an Infantry unit at my mining / extraction locations.

Anyways when I first started I saw a pretty nice stack (as in 5 or more) of 'Rail Guns' in Jacksonville owned by Terran Fed (Just going to call em' the TF now on). After I built my first one they all disappeared. The TF still has other military here but that stack of Rail Guns (level 9) are no longer here and now I feel even more obligated to pitch in on defense. So my main question is that in producing a Rail gun did I chase off the TF Rail guns. Its too bad since I only made one and it is still not yet LvL 9.. So in pitching in did I just create a weak point??

At this time I have made a couple more and am working on upgrading them - I realize Earth is probably better defended then most alternatives, I do not see other players actually building fixed defenses in their HQ Earth bases. Still you never know what with all the Kaiju spawning.

--
"We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like."

- Tyler Durden
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

3/8/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
IamGroot wrote:
I am just wondering about how the mechanics of this works. I know on Earth or all of SOL we have Terran Federation troops. I myself started in Jacksonville a few days back. I guess out of general paranoia I felt I should pitch in on defending my home town.. I have even gone so far as deploying at least an Infantry unit at my mining / extraction locations.

Anyways when I first started I saw a pretty nice stack (as in 5 or more) of 'Rail Guns' in Jacksonville owned by Terran Fed (Just going to call em' the TF now on). After I built my first one they all disappeared. The TF still has other military here but that stack of Rail Guns (level 9) are no longer here and now I feel even more obligated to pitch in on defense. So my main question is that in producing a Rail gun did I chase off the TF Rail guns. Its too bad since I only made one and it is still not yet LvL 9.. So in pitching in did I just create a weak point??

At this time I have made a couple more and am working on upgrading them - I realize Earth is probably better defended then most alternatives, I do not see other players actually building fixed defenses in their HQ Earth bases. Still you never know what with all the Kaiju spawning.

You have the gist of it =) There are TF units in every sol city, they have a couple of random defenses and units. They respawn within a few turns of being destroyed. THere is also a few capital ships on each plant that meander to combat zones and squat them in guard mode for a while. The size of those units are actualy based ont he population of the city, if the city has 50 million pop it going to get all level 10 units.

The TF units are there not to totally stop people but to make it a lot less attractive to attack small players in the cities. You should make some units to defend your industry outside the cities though, there is no protection exept for the captial ships that might show up after a few round of combat.
0 link
IamGroot
IamGroot

3/8/2017
IamGroot
IamGroot
Just to make sure I have this correct - In producing a defensive unit the TF disbanded all their similar units? (the stack of rail guns they had is now replaced by my rail gun?)

I mean if I wanted to use this I suppose as an advantage .. Saying the only apparent silver lining I can see is... I move a Military base into a town with some other happy go lucky neer' mind the combat stuff corporations. Now I build a rail gun and say a fortification. Now as all the TF units begin to disperse here comes my jolly ole band of raiders and I commence in 'butchering' the unsuspecting populace of said unfortunate city. With the added benefit that my rail gun and fortification is on hand to pitch in on the bloodbath...

I mean that's just a possible scenario I see if the TF tend to disperse if a player takes up the reigns so to speak in 'defending' a given location. Then wakes up in a bad mood some day hating his neighbors and all. I just want to understand the possible mechanics on this. Like, as a new player you are just better off making deploy-able units that cover outside interests, and maybe avoid building a low level rail gun that could chase off the better rated stack of TF rail gun emplacements that were there to begin with...?

(edited because my "E" key sometimes fails, sorry..)
edited by IamGroot on 3/8/2017

--
"We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like."

- Tyler Durden
0 link