Combat Criticals Messages in this topic - RSS

Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

3/25/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
There are now "Combat Criticals" in combat. There's a 20% chance that every unit in a fight will get 3 different bonuses or negatives to that units firepower or damage taken for that turn.
That's 12 different possible effects: Attack increase 25, 50 100%, Attack Decrease 10,25,50%. Damage taken increase 25,50,100%, damage taken decreased 10,25,50%.
Most units have their own "flavor text" for each critical type on top of some generic ones. I have a Critical Testing ground force one tapping several cities just to put some crits on the board for testing.

The only thing left we wanted to ad before next weeks Beta restart are the Commonwealth and Dark Star pirates. Then we can make events around them, like bribing them to attack people =)
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

3/27/2017
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
If only we can invest in groups like this, then when they do attack we get a share of the loot smile... Imagine being Star Lord of Sol and a high ranking member/investor in the Dark Star Group smile

That may be a conflict of interest though.
edited by ChaChaCharms on 3/27/2017

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

3/27/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I was thinking of doing it something like Sins of the Solar Empire. There were persistent Pirates in that game, like an entire planet of them which was difficult to take out, but every 20 mins or so they would attack one of the players. during that time though, the players can throw bribe money at them to attack a specific player. All the money the pirates collected went into the amount of force they would attack with. They would back off after a while but they could do significant damage.

Might be the same thing I do here but in Sins Solar Empire you had like 8 players, here there might 100. Not sure if targeting a single corp would be fair. Maybe a city or planet though.
0 link