HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Distribution Centers Messages in this topic - RSS

cyb0rg
cyb0rg

4/7/2017
cyb0rg
cyb0rg
It seems to me they would be able to place 1 order per level. Instead levels do nothing and they can place 10 orders at lvl 1.
0 link
Zango
Zango

4/8/2017
Zango
Zango
lvl do something, which only comes into play when the market gets more cramped: levels increase you selling/buying "power", your slice of sold/bought goods will be bigger when competing with others on a sale..
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/8/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Zangorian wrote:
lvl do something, which only comes into play when the market gets more cramped: levels increase you selling/buying "power", your slice of sold/bought goods will be bigger when competing with others on a sale..

Yes at level 1 all your slots can sell or buy 100 at a time., level up and it increases that power. There isn't muchmroe than 100 volume for anything right now so leveling them up is worthless at the moment
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

4/8/2017
Hutton
Hutton
Unless you're competing with someone else to fill that volume.
0 link
cyb0rg
cyb0rg

4/20/2017
cyb0rg
cyb0rg
Distro center competition seems to be broken. I am trying to sell a product with 300+ volume and only able to sell 10 units per turn. The only distro there that arent mine are lvl 1 and lvl 2, mine is lvl 3. I should be selling a majority of the volume.
edited by cyb0rg on 4/20/2017
0 link
Shooer
Shooer

4/20/2017
Shooer
Shooer
How over flooded is the market in said city? A city that has it's demand filled and the % drops below 100 it will start taking less and less.
0 link
cyb0rg
cyb0rg

4/20/2017
cyb0rg
cyb0rg
It's not overloaded but I see the problem... it appears that distribution centers have to compete with transports. Apparently a higher lvl transport will beat a lower lvl distribution center. That seems wrong to me, because I think a distribution center would have stronger ties in the community and a pre-existing sales network that a transport just wouldn't have.

Also it diminishes the importance of building distribution centers in favor or transports.
0 link
cyb0rg
cyb0rg

4/20/2017
cyb0rg
cyb0rg
Transports should be no competition for distribution centers, as there is really no point in having them when you can just park a lvl 10 transport somewhere and beat everybody to sales. A distribution center is essentially a transport that does not move so competing with transports on equal footing makes them more or less pointless except to circumvent the need to have 10 transports do the same work.

Also it is harder to build a distribution center because you have to make a mobile structure that takes a lot longer to construct than a transport and pay more to upgrade a distribution center (with longer upgrade times).
edited by cyb0rg on 4/20/2017
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

4/20/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
I think you miss the point of a distribution centre - a distribution center can sell a high number of items - a transport only sells one at a time. If you are selling less than three or four types of items through your distribution centre you are not making the most of it.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/21/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Ya know if someone is parking a a huge freighter and dumping 20k product on a volume 100 city for 2 days while your distribution center struggles... You should attack =)

Also, if htere is that much selling going on. the price is going to drop on those products in a day or two. The distribution center works best if you have 10 different products coming in to one city. Like you are farming all the food products across a dozen farms and you send them to a few different cities using only a coupeof transports running in a circle.. Thats where edistribution centers work magic.
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

4/21/2017
Hutton
Hutton
A level 1 distribution center is really handy when your goal is to meet your city's needs, rather than profit off them. They are valuable just for providing a list of all the Products you have on hand with their Demand in that city. I usually subtract 75 from Demand, multiply the sum by the Volume, and put in an order to sell that much. Not counting other factors in changing Demand, that puts that product on track to a Demand of 75%.
0 link
cyb0rg
cyb0rg

4/21/2017
cyb0rg
cyb0rg
Why is a lvl 2 transport outselling my level 4 distribution center? Seriously this needs to be looked at.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/21/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
cyb0rg wrote:
Why is a lvl 2 transport outselling my level 4 distribution center? Seriously this needs to be looked at.

The distribution centers won't outpace a transport in BS power. You BS power goes up to 1,000? or 10k at level 10? I forget.

Pro Tip though. If you have multple slots selling the same product, it will combine the BS power. Your BS pwoer of 100 at level one is PER SLOT. You are technicaly selling more than once
0 link