HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Minimum stockpile Messages in this topic - RSS

mayo18
mayo18

4/10/2017
mayo18
mayo18
I'm fairly new to this game, but I don't think there is a way to have a minimum stockpile that your transports won't load.

For example, if you want a minimum of 500 chemicals (for your factories, etc) and have 1500 in storage. If you have a transport, it would only pick up a maximum of 1000 chemicals.

Is this feature going to be added?
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

4/10/2017
Hutton
Hutton
You could tell the transport to just load 1000. Or, if this is for a looped order, you could tell it to load all and then drop 500 before departing.
0 link
John
John

4/15/2017
John
John
Hutton wrote:
You could tell the transport to just load 1000. Or, if this is for a looped order, you could tell it to load all and then drop 500 before departing.

That doesn't quite work though, as each action takes 1 turn, so after you "load all" you would have a turn with no resources before it unloads the ammount needed, therefore leaving you with without production materials half the time, also this makes your transports take eons to do things as they need two turns for every stop.

I get where he is comming from, the game is simple when your just selling basic resources, but once you move into end products, it becomes micromanagement hell, on top of micromanagement superhell. This feature would help immensely. In every other game this isn't needed, as you just keep a stockpile, but in barons your actively penalized for stockpiling even just a little.
edited by Valhalla on 4/15/2017

--
Walk the true path, or be trampled beneath it.
+1 link
mayo18
mayo18

4/15/2017
mayo18
mayo18
Exactly what Valhalla. Minimum stockpiles are needed for complex production chains.
0 link
Zip555
Zip555

4/15/2017
Zip555
Zip555
Perhaps there could be a warehouse which has upkeep like other structures. Items inside have no storage fees and can be used by factories.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/15/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Zip555 wrote:
Perhaps there could be a warehouse which has upkeep like other structures. Items inside have no storage fees and can be used by factories.

Complicated thinking about it. Even if I make a transport have a limit to leave behind as part of the transfer order, You might have 10 transports with the same order at the same time show up. I have to somehow split the limits across them, Tricky.

I can set the pile of product itself to have a limit but that would go away as soon as the pile got used up. Doesn't work.

I have this idea that the structure itself has a cargo space for its goods that fills up first to a certain amount. It uses that "cargo" when it can. But thats a whole lot of code and UI I don't want to think about.

I still think the transfer order option will work but it would be something like. If the product stack is below a certain amount when the transport gets there, a certain amount after it plans to take some, it will cancel its transfer order altogether. It won't take an. That's an easy code to implement. But it wouldn't work well with multiple transports on the same. I think that's ok though if it errors on the side of leaving more product there as opposed to in that situation.
0 link
Zip555
Zip555

4/16/2017
Zip555
Zip555
I think you are making it too complicated

"structure itself has a cargo space for its goods"
OK, separate structure or part of a factory, does not matter

"that fills up first to a certain amount"
As long as the player can control how much the warehouse holds, but easier to make the player control it, no need to automate the filling.

"It uses that "cargo" when it can"
No the factory uses ordinary resources when it can, the warehouse is only used as a last resort, for when ordinary resources are not available.
0 link