HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Production resources Messages in this topic - RSS

badmaw
badmaw

4/22/2017
badmaw
badmaw
I'm new to the game so maybe I'm missing something, but:

I have two factories, one needs 15 of a resource and the other one 10. I have 16 of that resource (Precious Minerals if it matters). The problem is neither one produced anything that round, even that any one could produce (but not both).
0 link
LoImpact
LoImpact

4/22/2017
LoImpact
LoImpact
You need something to collect that resource first, like a mine, quarry, chemical plant or farm. Then you can place a factory to use it
0 link
badmaw
badmaw

4/22/2017
badmaw
badmaw
I know, I'm doing that. But when I used the cargo machine for a deployment, the flow was broke.

Anyway, the problem is that while the resource was indeed not enough for both of them, any of them could produce a round and neither did.

So somewhere in the resource allocation the algorithm should be changed to feed as many as possible, not all or nothing.
edited by badmaw on 4/22/2017
0 link
LoImpact
LoImpact

4/22/2017
LoImpact
LoImpact
Your may have your transport set to pickup up all precious minerals and when it picked up, there was nothing for the factories to use. Seems transports load first before factories produce.
0 link
badmaw
badmaw

4/22/2017
badmaw
badmaw
I don't pickup that resource, I buy it from another city and drop it at the factory. When there's enough resource for both factories it works.

The problem I'm seeing is that I have all I need for any factory to produce and neither one produces until I have enough of that resource for all of them in that round.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/22/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
badmaw wrote:
I don't pickup that resource, I buy it from another city and drop it at the factory. When there's enough resource for both factories it works.

The problem I'm seeing is that I have all I need for any factory to produce and neither one produces until I have enough of that resource for all of them in that round.

The system doesn't make decisions on which factory should run in that situation. If you have enough for everything they all run, if you don't they all fail. Its a little tricky coding a priority in this situation without bogging down the turn flip some. You could have 10 factories with complicated components. I might prioritize the highest level factories and see how many of them, going down the list, I can run before there isn't enough components for that turn. You still might run into weird situations where the first factory if it runs just took all the X product to do it and now the next 4 couldn't. I guess that would still be better than nothing but it s a lot of tricky code for what is a rare situation. Not on the high priority list is all
0 link