HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

New bug: Spontanious unit unloading. Messages in this topic - RSS

John
John

4/25/2017
John
John
I've now had my fleet with 140 hanger (using 90ish hanger) unload 5 of my 9 units three times now all on it's own. There is no rhyme or reason as to how or why this is happening, I have PLENTY of leftover hanger space, no ships or units were lost, and it's the same 5 bugged units being unloaded each time. I can't even give you a place to start looking for this bug to be honest, as it's TOTALLY RANDOM as to when it happens. (However the same 5 units are unloaded.)

--
Walk the true path, or be trampled beneath it.
0 link
John
John

4/25/2017
John
John
UPDATE: It's even worse now, now I have units being unloaded while a load unit order is being issued to the fleet. Something is horribly terribly broken with the game currently.

--
Walk the true path, or be trampled beneath it.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/25/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Valhalla wrote:
UPDATE: It's even worse now, now I have units being unloaded while a load unit order is being issued to the fleet. Something is horribly terribly broken with the game currently.

I'm trying to find this bug right now, its elusive. There's only a couple places where unloads even happen. I suspect that it coming from the code that updates your group, anytime something changes in the group it Updates all its stats that's where it checks if you're overloaded and something is probably screwy with the calculation. I have a feeling since your fighters are damaged now, its updating the group every turn and whatever screwiness is being triggered repeatedly. I'm trying to duplicate your fleet and make it happen, as soon as I see it happen I can probably find it and fix it. i'm sure it will be a very stupid bug =)
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/25/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Valhalla wrote:

I think I found the bug, after 2-3 hours, and I just updated it. Try to add or remove units from your group and see if it triggers the bug again. It shouldn't.

HILARIOUS Bug, HILARIOUS I tell you! So, when you make any changes to a group, Add remove units,units destroyed, Upgrades etc. The system flags that group to be Updated. Which calculates its current Hangar, Cargo etc.

As it checks for Hangar capacity, it goes through all the hangar units in the group one at a time and does a running Total of how much hangar the units are taking up and compares it to the max hangar the group has. Ya know if you have a dozen units that take up 10 hangar each the running total goes 10,20,30,40 etc. Any unit on the list where this running total is beyond the Max Capacity in the group is flagged to get ejected. That's how we only eject units that will go beyond the max capacity.

So the problem bug was that when checking ALL the Groups that are flagged to be updated in a turn, ya know 3 or 4 groups are getting updated this turn for example. It goes through each groups hangar separately, however the BUG was that the list of units with the running total was NOT being cleared between groups. So in a situation where 2 or 3 groups with hangar units are being checked within the game, the second group it was checking hangar for already had all of the first groups units and running total still in place, yet was now comparing all of that against the seconds units capacity. The Third group being checked would have all the units running total from the last two groups being checked also. So by the time we get to Obsidian Church hangar check,. Hes STARTING at like 300 Running total on the hangar capacity because two other groups, WITH HANGAR UNITS, happen to be in the Update queue THAT TURN. because an upgrade went through or a load order was executed or something on some other group in the game.

I could never duplicate the problem on my machine because it involves not only having a couple other groups WITH HANGAR UNITS in the game, those other groups need to also be in the update queue for whatever reason before you can see this Running Total Adding to itself between groups. I got kind of lucky and chased a hunch I had on this situation before I saw it, then duplicated the bug with a complicated setup like I described.

In the end. Added one short line to clear this one running total list between groups.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

4/25/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
That is amusing. No really. Glad you got this nailed down, Val was getting a bit angsty about it all. No more excuses from you Val, now you get to show up in fights!
0 link