HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Description: Ion Gun Messages in this topic - RSS

Hutton
Hutton

4/25/2017
Hutton
Hutton
The description of the Ion Gun says it is effective against large ships. But, because it attacks as Artillery, it's strong against everything but ships and fighters. I'm assuming this description is left over from an earlier concept, and thought I should bring it to your attention.

Or, maybe you meant to make it attack as a mobile Ion Cannon but accidentally put it in as Artillery?
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

4/25/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
I think you are confused.

Ion guns are effective against starships - and really only against big starships. It doesn't even harm ground units.

Ion guns blast battleships and monoliths out of the sky. In fact anything bigger than a corvette should live in FEAR of massed ion guns. Because that can (and do) hurt lots and lots. They pretty much work as described - here is the damage potential of my own ion guns currently (lvl 6)

Fighter - 300
Bomber - 450
Varitek - 300
Scout - 450
Corvette - 600
Freighter and up - 3750 - KABOOM!

(Ground units - 0 damage)
edited by Vulpex on 4/25/2017
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

4/25/2017
Hutton
Hutton
I think you are referring to the Ion Cannon, a Structure. I'm referring to the Ion Gun, a unit unlock with an A1 Mysterious Artifact quest that attacks as Artillery with AtkX5.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

4/25/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
*facepalm* too many ions...
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

4/25/2017
Hutton
Hutton
But I think that's why it says that. I'm guessing that the plan was to have a mobile anti-ship unit like the Ion Cannon, and the description got written before the unit was implemented. And then it just fit the bill as a the special counterpart to Artillery.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/25/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Hutton wrote:
But I think that's why it says that. I'm guessing that the plan was to have a mobile anti-ship unit like the Ion Cannon, and the description got written before the unit was implemented. And then it just fit the bill as a the special counterpart to Artillery.

Probably should up the damage of artillery vs ships. they do about as much as fighters though, at half the cost.

if we get space fighting to be a thing, then units that are hangar-able will have more value. If everything is a ground fight. You might as well bring ground units unless you have an appropriate counter that fighters fill. Artillery won't fight in space.
0 link