HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Nice Colours!!! Messages in this topic - RSS

Vulpex
Vulpex

4/26/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Alright love the new colours on the viewscreen where concentrated military assets are shown as more and more dangerous (both the arrows for moving units and the squares for stationary units), pity I didn't realise the change - I wonder if the massed forces to take on the Kaiku monster would have been a deep deep red...

wink

Thanks!
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/26/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Vulpex wrote:
Alright love the new colours on the viewscreen where concentrated military assets are shown as more and more dangerous (both the arrows for moving units and the squares for stationary units), pity I didn't realise the change - I wonder if the massed forces to take on the Kaiku monster would have been a deep deep red...

wink

Thanks!

There are 6 levels of "Danger" from green to bigger glowing red. it goes by total Military Power at location but also broken up by stationary and the 8 directions. So if a dark red stationary spot suddenly flew in all directions, the arrows would probably all be orange and yellows.

Green Level 1 > 0

Green-er Level 2 > 1,000

Yellow Level 3 > 10,000

Orange Level 4 > 50,000

Red Level 5 > 100,000

Big Red Level 6 > 500,000

Half million is a lot. I actually wanted to make Kaiju show up as a little monster face on the military screen, gotta work on that =)
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

4/26/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Also, as another sneak feature upgrade, the Search box on the view screen has some tricks now. It already understand galactic coordinates if you entered them, "198746:238334" would take you there. Now it assumes that anything under 25, like "12:14" means you want to go to that grid on the current map you're looking at and zoom in, as if you clicked it. The delimiter can be a colon, space or a plus sign "12 13", "12+13" will work. its so you can do it from the keypad. Also to zoom out you can put a single space and hit enter, or a minus, or a zero. the search box should be taking full focus every time you hit it so you don't have to use the mouse at all if you want to 9-pad navigation like a pro. Its also a poor mans way of getting around mobile screens and trying to click on the map. Not a full fix but a doable work around in a clutch.
+1 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

4/27/2017
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
this makes mobile navigation possible!!!! I believe this has made my day

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link