HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

"Show Data" causes page to time out Messages in this topic - RSS

cyb0rg
cyb0rg

5/1/2017
cyb0rg
cyb0rg
Way too much data to show on a page causes it to timeout (like showing data on military for all of earth). This needs to be paginated.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/1/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
cyb0rg wrote:
Way too much data to show on a page causes it to timeout (like showing data on military for all of earth). This needs to be paginated.

Are you actually getting a timeout? like more than 20 seconds? I think I need to work on that screen some more and make is more optimized
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/1/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
cyb0rg wrote:

You got an improvement of about 20% plus pagination. The problem is really in the way its calling up all those groups and 1000+ rows of units. Something I have to work on. The other screens like it dont have more than 50-100 rows, Military has 1000+ plus the groups. it's literally 10x the load. The groups, when expanded, need to be separate Ajax calls not preload the whole thing.
0 link
cyb0rg
cyb0rg

5/6/2017
cyb0rg
cyb0rg
Yes I get actual timeouts. Nothing loaded at all.
0 link
cyb0rg
cyb0rg

5/6/2017
cyb0rg
cyb0rg
One other thing is sorting. When you click to sort by power it first sorts lowest to highest. I think highest to lowest would be the most used so perhaps that should be the way it sorts first.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/6/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
cyb0rg wrote:
One other thing is sorting. When you click to sort by power it first sorts lowest to highest. I think highest to lowest would be the most used so perhaps that should be the way it sorts first.

I'm working on an improvement to this page today. hopefully run a lot faster.
0 link