HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

ACP Changes Messages in this topic - RSS

Vito Scaletta
Vito Scaletta

5/18/2017
Vito Scaletta
Vito Scaletta
So i have a simple idea that would make ACPs far less painful with out giving any advantages. Instead of a one size fits all ACP, why not have different ACPs that take like 20, 25,30 ect turns to build. Lets say i want to build a building that normally takes 20 turns via HQs, instead of waiting 50 turns to make an ACP, why not make a 20 turn ACP that then can only be deployed in to a build that takes 20 or less turns to build normally.

Thoughts?

--
Tailored Arms CEO
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/18/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Vito Scaletta wrote:
So i have a simple idea that would make ACPs far less painful with out giving any advantages. Instead of a one size fits all ACP, why not have different ACPs that take like 20, 25,30 ect turns to build. Lets say i want to build a building that normally takes 20 turns via HQs, instead of waiting 50 turns to make an ACP, why not make a 20 turn ACP that then can only be deployed in to a build that takes 20 or less turns to build normally.

Thoughts?

There used to be an ACP Item for every single type of factory all with their own turn times and costs if we wanted. It made the dropdowns enormous for no good reason though. It was changes to be one simple item. We do have another ACP for shipyard and base,.

I could lower the time so they are all almost 20 turns to construct and then make the ACP 30 turns or something.
0 link
TCromwell
TCromwell

5/18/2017
TCromwell
TCromwell
That could work if no one has any major objections to it. I have no problem with the base build times as they sit, it just all ways irked me that something that takes 20 turns was taking 50.

--
Emperor of Earth
0 link
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge

5/18/2017
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
I always saw that as the difference though, you're building it to be deployed somewhere. You're Crating, Shipping, and setting up everything. Idk it made sense to me. Up to Dread, but I saw it as appropriate.
0 link
TCromwell
TCromwell

5/18/2017
TCromwell
TCromwell
I all ways saw it has commissioning it to be built. I mean IRL i want a walmart built its going to take about the same time no matter what city its in.

--
Emperor of Earth
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/18/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Yeah... except if you want to build you Walmart on Venus. Kinda hard to find contractors out there.
0 link
TCromwell
TCromwell

5/18/2017
TCromwell
TCromwell
Aye you make a good point. I reckon in the grand picture it aint so bad. Just feels wired spending the better part of 9 hours making one item. Perhaps another building besides the HQ could be made that can make ACPs?

--
Emperor of Earth
0 link
EdwardBishop
EdwardBishop

5/20/2017
EdwardBishop
EdwardBishop
Also, perhaps having another building besides the HQ that can make ACPs would alleviate something that I consider worse: farming ACPs on Alts (a practice which should be banned) - on the other hand it could actually make the issue exponentially worse if now those same alts are making 2x as many ACPs for their main... no easy solution.

In that case, just keep the ACP system as it is now I suppose.

edited by EdwardBishop on 5/20/2017
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/20/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
To be fair - ACPs are only a problem (because there is a shortage of them) right now in the first few weeks of the game. In a month ACPs will be trivial, as the industrial bases will be established and operating at full capacity.
0 link
TCromwell
TCromwell

5/22/2017
TCromwell
TCromwell
I like the idea of being able to have another build make them besides just the HQ.

--
Emperor of Earth
0 link