HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Research Points and Liquidation Messages in this topic - RSS

ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

5/18/2017
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Shouldn't your research points reset when you liquidate? It'd only make sense for this since you are starting everything else over too..

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Zip555
Zip555

5/19/2017
Zip555
Zip555
might be exploitable, a fast way to reassigh points
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

5/19/2017
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Lol I don't think you misunderstand what liquidate means... you lose take 90% of your networth and start over.. you lose 100s of turns of work and effort. This is no quick exploitable feature.

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Zip555
Zip555

5/19/2017
Zip555
Zip555
No, you loose 10% of your net worth
Moving just your HQ, you loose 5%
edited by Zip555 on 5/19/2017
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

5/19/2017
Hutton
Hutton
Yes, I think that was just a dyslexic moment. But you also lose all of your structures, so you are starting over from scratch in that sense.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/19/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
When you liquidate you lose a LOT more than just 10% of your net worth.

You lose all your military power, you lose all of your assets and ability to generate revenue. You have to start again from scratch which will take time (probably a couple of weeks, even with the cash). When you factor in the opportunity cost that all this represent your actual loss is closer to 20-25% of net worth.

You are probably going to be working in a different production area altogether so it makes sense to reset the research points and it is not something easily abused. On the other side it's not too difficult right now to change the research points either so it feels like something nice to have but not a game breaking priority.
0 link
Zip555
Zip555

5/19/2017
Zip555
Zip555
You have to think about an alt with a single mine, not a main account. The player wants to mine a different Raw. Liquidate looses almost nothing
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

5/19/2017
Hutton
Hutton
It still takes time to build up those production facilities. If your concern is second accounts the point is moot. You would just transfer all the wealth out and start a brand new account. I can't imagine someone investing a lot of money in leveling up second HQ's. And if they are then they are effectively two players cooperating very closely together. It's such a time suck operating one high level corporation effectively that I don't see a lot of practical use for second ones except maybe for espionage or to fight proxy wars.
0 link