HomeNegotiating Table

This forum is dedicated to advertising for public contracts and making deals

Moon Charter - Research Centers Messages in this topic - RSS

Hutton
Hutton

5/22/2017
Hutton
Hutton
Agreed. I think for transparency purposes you need to name the research station after the city it represents. If I'm checking to make sure everything is kosher I'll just count the active research stations and make sure no city names occur twice. I would prefer it be the Mayor of Madrid who is responsible for raising the issue if someone that is not authorized is purporting to research on behalf of Madrid.

It should be up to the City Manager if whether or not he wants to actively investigate those things. In fact, I suspect preferences for how active or hands off a city manager may be the most important division in the constituencies voting for city manager if we ever get someone vying to challenge the incumbent for the position.
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

5/22/2017
Hutton
Hutton
Regarding pooling of points to be complicated. I think brokering the trading of points is a power that should be bestowed on the City Manager, not one he is obligated to exorcise. If we want stability in research production right now-and I do see the wisdom in that, particularly while the ink is still wet on the treaty-we can make that the case by making our desire known to Jimbobdaz and he will beholden to us as his constituents. 5000 turns from now we might be more comfortable allowing some flexibility. 5000 turns from now the earth may be mostly rules by a completely different player base that is unhappy with the constraints we set up and I'd rather give them a clear path to make the changes they want instead of tempting them to start the Second Moon Insurection.
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

5/22/2017
Hutton
Hutton
Another issue: what happens when a Corp Loses their office on Earth before the election. This can occur either because the HQ is destroyed or moves. I propose the incumbent should be allowed to continue research as normal until the next election.For one thing, I think it would create too strong a disincentive to challenge the City Manager in upcoming election if you had to shut down during that election even if you had a sure path to victory.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/22/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Agreed on both points - pooling of points to be at the discretion of the manager and you maintain your research facility until the results of the next election are in should you for whatever reason lose your position as mayor as a city.
0 link
Grandor
Grandor

5/23/2017
Grandor
Grandor
i simple want some reseach for boost "my" city
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/23/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Grandor wrote:
i simple want some reseach for boost "my" city

Then you need to get the mayor of Rio (your city) to officially endorse you as researching for Rio.

However I point out that under no circumstances will you be allowed to have multiple research stations. You currently have two and one will have to be removed.
0 link
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz

5/23/2017
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz
Hutton wrote:
I propose that the City Manager of Lewis should have the power to adjust the level cap. The person in that position will presumably be there it's the support of all world leaders, and I think we should include a mechanism for future leaders to make adjustments without nullifying the charter. If that puts too much power in the hands of the city manager we could just give them the power to call a vote on the issue or give the emperor veto power over changes.

I prefer the idea of a vote to set production level... if one particular Mayor is struggling he/she can always lower their own level less than the agreed amount to reduce costs
edited by jimbobdaz on 5/23/2017
0 link
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz

5/23/2017
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz
Hutton wrote:
Agreed. I think for transparency purposes you need to name the research station after the city it represents. If I'm checking to make sure everything is kosher I'll just count the active research stations and make sure no city names occur twice. I would prefer it be the Mayor of Madrid who is responsible for raising the issue if someone that is not authorized is purporting to research on behalf of Madrid.

It should be up to the City Manager if whether or not he wants to actively investigate those things. In fact, I suspect preferences for how active or hands off a city manager may be the most important division in the constituencies voting for city manager if we ever get someone vying to challenge the incumbent for the position.

I like this idea, was thinking about it earlier, it would make it much easier to keep track smile
edited by jimbobdaz on 5/23/2017
0 link
Rekkles
Rekkles

7/20/2017
Rekkles
Rekkles
We at Cygnos would like to advise all other corporations that we are hoping to hold office in Shanghai in the upcoming elections, and will abide by all current and future iterations of the Moon Charter. We have begun construction of a research center in Lewis, but it will remain inoperative until such time as we hold an official office position.

We would also be remiss if we didn't point out the two current active research center belonging to a Small Giants corporation and a Grandor Drones Corp, neither of who currently hold any office positions, which is in breach of the Moon Charter. It may be that they have been granted leave to do so, but we dont have such information available to us.

Peace and prosperity.
edited by Rekkles on 7/20/2017
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

7/20/2017
Hutton
Hutton
Small Giants and Grandor may be leasing the rights from another city, but that city should be listed in the name of their center. For future reference, building or maintaining a halted research center is permitted at the discretion of the City Manager. Best to contact them directly through the Comms to avoid misunderstandings.
0 link
Rekkles
Rekkles

7/20/2017
Rekkles
Rekkles
Hutton wrote:
Small Giants and Grandor may be leasing the rights from another city, but that city should be listed in the name of their center. For future reference, building or maintaining a halted research center is permitted at the discretion of the City Manager. Best to contact them directly through the Comms to avoid misunderstandings.

Exactly, but since they have neither the name in their center or hold office we figured we should bring it up.

Thanks for the heads up.
0 link
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz

7/21/2017
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz
Small Giants was removed earlier, i was not aware that Grandor had lost his rulership but will deal with it now... in future, if anyone spots a problem please pm me in game
0 link