HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Buying / Selling Sorting Messages in this topic - RSS

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge

5/24/2017
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Hey Dr!

Again nice work on the stale turn / Buying Power tweaking. That's a doozy of a fix!

I wanted to suggest something for transports and freighters that might make life a little easier down the road.

1. When assigning orders and you have already told it to pick something up, is it possible to limit options in the "Sell" drop down menu to ONLY items in the orders queue? I don't know how funky it would be to call that value, but I feel like it would help with being able to manage transports with long loops more quickly.

2. Add a small visual indicator next to transports that represents an active BUY or SELL order in their order list. This could be a small Green (Sell) and Red (Buy) dot to the left or right of the transport while displayed in the Assets page. I've attached a demonstration.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Attachments:
TransportsQOL.jpg
0 link
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge

5/24/2017
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
As a side note if you'd like those a different color or modified another way let me know and I'd be happy to provide the graphics for you. I think it would then be 4 unit representations for anything with a cargo space and then having the Order Queue checked for buy or sell before loading the appropriate graphic?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/24/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
That poor Assets page database query, so overworked =)

Actually, I can flag the units as having a buy or sell, or attack and whatever a 4th thing might be as you update or add orders to it. So I don't have to look for it every time I bring up assets. Thats easy enough.

The icons won't change, instead, the backgrounds will be transparent and I can put another icon, or 4 if necessary behind it to show the Red/green box and/or another one for combat

I think that ill work pretty easily. Alternately it can be added as a icon in the notes Either way its a good idea =)
0 link
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge

5/24/2017
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Thanks! If you want something specific for the indicator let me know in a PM and I'd be happy to do it for you. I do graphic design on the side for my manufacturing company and don't mind pitching in if you need something done quickly and for free hahaha.
0 link
Hartomich
Hartomich

5/25/2017
Hartomich
Hartomich
Maybe you've already discussed this before, but I was wondering if it would be an idea to be able to sort the unites (especially transports) in your asset overview manually. That way you're not depended on the turn they were created. I am aware that there are already ways to sort the overview, but those kinda mess up the whole list by mixing the different types together.

Anyway, let me know what you think smile
0 link