HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Can't load/unload a single category of goods Messages in this topic - RSS

Aywanez
Aywanez

6/30/2017
Aywanez
Aywanez
I'm honestly not sure if this is a bug report, a feature request, or just a nitpick. wink
When you order a unit to "Transfer cargo", it's possible to choose a category and within in pick "everything", however the game interprets that as "everything regardless of category", which is a little odd.

"Alright, smartass- I hear you say - why would you ever need a thing like that?"
I will admit there's only one use case, but it might still occur. Let's say that you are running a large factory in a particular city (that you can't and/or won't sell it's entire production run to), and you have piles of source materials and also piles of products (you try to switch up production every once in a while but by now demand on all of them is low.) All the products are in one category (natually) so you might want to send in a freighter (or monolist, why not?) to pick them all up (in 1 turn) and bring them to another city to be sold there.
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

7/1/2017
Hutton
Hutton
I think that is working as intended. Everything means Everything, and Everything is included on the submenues just for convenience to save a click on the category menu. That said, I would appreciate being able to give transfer orders by category too if it would be easy to implement.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

7/1/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Everything does mean everything, even if you pick a category. Although there is some merit in filtering to a category if you selected that. I dont know how popular that is but on the back burner list
0 link
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz

7/2/2017
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz
Loading/unloading whole categories would be a great addition imo
0 link