HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Unread topic bugs: forum edition Messages in this topic - RSS

Aywanez
Aywanez

8/18/2017
Aywanez
Aywanez
I'm not sure if this is the right place to submit it, but "unread topics" on the forum behaves really weirdly. (I guess I could mail it to Jitbit Software instead...)

1. If you haven't visited the forum for some time (I think a week. maybe half of a week?) it will tell you that you have 30 unread topics. Not all of them, just 30.
2. When you read a topic, the indicator will not change, until you click it (the indicator, not the topic).
3. Not so much a bug, as feature request: when I click on an unread topic, I expect to be taken to the first unread message (That is how PHPBB worked, it's how SMF works, and even semi-forum stuff like Facebook.) Instead I always get the first message of the thread.
edited by Aywanez on 8/18/2017
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/18/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I've encountered this also. This forum has a couple of problems but otherwise it works great. I can't easily fix anything though
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

8/18/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
It is quirky. But we love it all the same.

I have noticed all of those and more but ... well it works around. Interestingly it also seems to check not just for account but also for something else... i.e. I get the 30 unread topic hiccup when I log onto the forum from a different location.
0 link