HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Spaceport Messages in this topic - RSS

TimurThunder
TimurThunder

8/21/2017
TimurThunder
TimurThunder
Profitability is off by two orders of magnitude compared to guide, and likely one order of magnitude to what makes more sense.
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

8/21/2017
Hutton
Hutton
Also, the power of air units in your hanger isn't counting towards blockading the orbital location.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/21/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I think you're right I mistyped the wording

Its 0.001 of the total which is 0.1 PERCENT, at level 10 it would be 0.1 of the total, which is 10%

The profit on Earth is staggering amount of money because there is SO MUCH selling happening. I played with the numbers and I ended up lowering the upkeep cost of the orbitals and setting that percentage just to make the Spaeports profitable AT ALL on any planet but Earth and maybe Guyaeve or something when I looked at it.

Earth is like 2-3 zeroes past any other planet when it comes to selling. I was considering making the orbitals around earth be terran fed controlled because of the potential there. I also MIGHT have to make the spaceports share the wealth between them somehow and not let them straight stack. Not sure. The orbitals around earth should be incredibly valuable, I really want to get to a "Capture" mechanic one day so they can be taken and not destroyed =)
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/21/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Hutton wrote:
Also, the power of air units in your hanger isn't counting towards blockading the orbital location.

I have a feeling the fleet power isn't adding the carried units either and that's where the miscalculation is actually coming from. The potential damage on the More Info for the fleet is probably off in the same way.
0 link
TimurThunder
TimurThunder

8/21/2017
TimurThunder
TimurThunder
Terran-Fed controlled, with Terran planetary defense depending on Trade volume might be an option. Four golden tickets outside the power of what you consider way too big and rich corporations is certainly not.
0 link
TimurThunder
TimurThunder

8/21/2017
TimurThunder
TimurThunder
I think you might want to consider the maximum profit per turn obtainable without spaceport once you managed to get your economy system to the 200% level, and what happens on earth when the player base grows. I have seen too many games break down because a couple of old players feeling entitled kill the game of all others for funsies, see Stormfall/Sparta/TotalDomination as an example. Fiscally succesful by starting new servers and new games based on the same mechanics every once in a while. Bad games altogether. The logistics penalty system can be gamed to some point, but there is a limit, and that limit goes down once many small corps give each other actual competition. You got more of a base system going without outliers like this.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

8/21/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Some fun numbers...

Right now on earth per turn the maximum potential sales is about 15 billion - if you were to sell to every city every single item they demand.

The actual sales per turn right now is actually approximately 1 billion only (1/15th of what is needed to meet demand) - but that does mean that each lvl 10 spaceport will be providing a grand total of 100 million per tick give or take. That's 14.5 billion per day. A cash cow if I ever saw one. For comparison a lvl 10 spaceport in Gulyaev II would provide something in the order of 5-7 million per tick. So yes spaceports around earth are going to be silly profitable.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/21/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Vulpex wrote:
Some fun numbers...

Right now on earth per turn the maximum potential sales is about 15 billion - if you were to sell to every city every single item they demand.

The actual sales per turn right now is actually approximately 1 billion only (1/15th of what is needed to meet demand) - but that does mean that each lvl 10 spaceport will be providing a grand total of 100 million per tick give or take. That's 14.5 billion per day. A cash cow if I ever saw one. For comparison a lvl 10 spaceport in Gulyaev II would provide something in the order of 5-7 million per tick. So yes spaceports around earth are going to be silly profitable.

... What if you raid the spaceport, you get the profits? =)
edited by DrDread on 8/21/2017
0 link
TimurThunder
TimurThunder

8/22/2017
TimurThunder
TimurThunder
You could give the spaceport a couple buy orders with a fixed max. volume depending on planet population and fixed buy demand based on spaceport level. Instead of the tax. Depending on numbers chosen this could still be very profitable. (Volume depending on population is needed to catch spaceports over barren planets.) Bonus points if they only trade raw materials available on the planet.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

8/22/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Doctor Dread wrote:

Oh fun!!!

Can we deploy superviruses in spaceports too? I mean it would make them much more useful as a specific weapon of economic war - they could still keep their normal effect but... you know what I mean... with the virus taking a much bigger chunk of profits from the spacestation as compared to normal deployment.
0 link
Aywanez
Aywanez

8/22/2017
Aywanez
Aywanez
Doctor Dread wrote:
Vulpex wrote:
Some fun numbers...

How did you get that from his message? Or do you mean that is a planned feature?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/22/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Aywanez wrote:
Doctor Dread wrote:
Vulpex wrote:
Some fun numbers...

How did you get that from his message? Or do you mean that is a planned feature?

I'm saying its a feature idea, a way to "raid" the spaceport to steal profits? It could be as simple as gong to the spaceport and attacking on Raid option, even though there is no product to raid, it will register the spaceport and steal credits also, maybe based on military power. Attaching raid to credit stealing seems clunky though OR something more fun, you can essentially "blockade" the spaceport somehow with a fleet and take the profits while you hold it without any damage. That would be a great way to "capture" a Spaceport without actually switching owners and is easily reversed. Can almost make a "blockade" option on attack which would do this sort of thing, but it would only apply to a single location and wouldn't effect anything but a spaceport. I don't want a new order just for that one thing.

Perhaps making it another effect of a raid will work. If there is a spaceport there it steals credits equal to military power? You can do that while fighting another fleet. Its essentially Spaceport piracy =)
0 link
Aywanez
Aywanez

8/22/2017
Aywanez
Aywanez
Why not make it a permanent option? Instead of a specific good, steal credits equal to power (or more likely 100 x power, credits equal to power are not worth the fleet upkeep) but no more than the money that location earns that turn. Most locations just sell loose products to a city, but a spaceport would be where you really could really clean up.
This would also not replace regular raids, as most goods (even tier 1) can be sold for more than 100 credits. That is if you manage to get away with them.
edited by Aywanez on 8/22/2017
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/22/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Aywanez wrote:
Why not make it a permanent option? Instead of a specific good, steal credits equal to power (or more likely 100 x power, credits equal to power are not worth the fleet upkeep) but no more than the money that location earns that turn. Most locations just sell loose products to a city, but a spaceport would be where you really could really clean up.
This would also not replace regular raids, as most goods (even tier 1) can be sold for more than 100 credits. That is if you manage to get away with them.
edited by Aywanez on 8/22/2017

So I just add a "Credits From Sells" as one of the "products" you can raid for and it will steal credits from any sells happening at that location/corp you selected. on a Spaceport it would be the money the spaceport made. Perhaps you can attack Corp HQs for all their profits? Attacking all of New York would steal from a dozen players who traded there that turn. The max can be something like what you said but based on Military power, or what I like better is that it steals a percentage of it based on your military power compared to thiers, so if they have NO military power, I can steal it all, If I have equal military power I cant steal any, if I have double your military power I can take half. A scale like that as opposed to static numbers. I would extend that to products also.A small fast fleet can hit an unprotected spaceport and get away with millions or fill their cargo holds
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

8/23/2017
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
I love this idea

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link
Rekkles
Rekkles

8/29/2017
Rekkles
Rekkles
Just in terms of the profits from spaceports,
as an idea, could it work instead by also somehow getting taxed per sale? E.g. 10% of all profits - 5% of every sell.
So In quiet systems, its still less effective, but is more efficient - taking less total money but costing less in upkeep.

Also- cant wait for raiding $$$!
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/29/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I might work in an overcrowding style mechanic on spaceports so once they make 2x thier upkeep in profit it starts to scale down kind of like asteroid mining so it cant possibly make more than 10x its upkeep in profits even if the planet was selling trillions. But leveling up the spaceport raises that cap and allows more profits in. So you would be suiciding making a level 10 spaceport on on a small planet and only be worthwhile on a huge one
0 link