HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Daily quests Messages in this topic - RSS

Rekkles
Rekkles

8/29/2017
Rekkles
Rekkles
Just a thought:

How about daily quests?

They could reward things like Cash, increased logistics (say up to 25% more for each?), items, or units.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/29/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
You want a 25% boost to logistics on a daily random? =)

I have a problem where I don't have much to offer as quest rewards, besides a handful of artifacts and special units. I also have a problem where there aren't too many random quest Ideas possible in the limited play areas of the open space I have here. I can make choose your own adventure style quests and have you visit existing planets or cities. having scouts search at specific locations or cities to initiate the next step in your quest. Making decisions along the way that dictate what kind of item, unit you will receive. I can attach these quests to specific ships or units that has to do the adventuring from start to finish. Lot of ideas. Would have to be somewhat random and procedural to make it dynamic. Like it would be one storyline but it can branch into several directions and come back and end in 3 different ways
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

8/29/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Actually here are a few possible rewards for quests which would work well in several ways but which are different from the standard artifacts.... lets have a look:

Lucrative contract. Deliver XXX units of YYY product to location Z - reward - CASH!
Open trade route. Go somewhere, search for alien fleet and destroy it. Creates trade contract - increases or decreases demand of a product, in a given city.
Political machinations. Choose own adventure style event - triggers a city wide event (the actual event depends on the choices made)

You can have other things which do things like provide a population increase to a city (careful with this one though!), allow the removal of an artefact to a unit (can be quite useful this). Or even simply provide a snazzy title to be displayed for a while.

So far the rewards from quests seem to be very focused on combat, some more ideas around the economy and the political systems could be interesting.
0 link
Rekkles
Rekkles

8/30/2017
Rekkles
Rekkles
Nice ideas Machina! I really like the idea of more political and economy quest rewards.

Sorry, i should have clarified, If a daily gave me a 1% increase in my logistics, to a maximum of +25%, that would be awesome, but neither overpowered or 'only for paying/high levels'

Also;

Search and Deploy - after being given a search field (3x3 or 4x4) to find a key of some sort which, when deployed at another given co-ordinate rewards 25k of a random raw material.
0 link
Hutton
Hutton

9/10/2017
Hutton
Hutton
Maybe community goals, like in Elite: Dangerous.
+1 link
Aywanez
Aywanez

9/11/2017
Aywanez
Aywanez
Speaking of how quests are focused on combat, I would like to see (either as a quest drop, or a separate artifact) an item that when deployed increases or decreases demand for one product by 100%. Obviously you can only deploy one every 100 turns (like nanites.)
Note: There are about 150 products in the game (I think, definitely over 100 though), so this can not be used as a substitute to actually filling demand, growth-wise.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/12/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I can possibly do some kind of random Dynamic customized ships. I cant add too many more "types" but I can make say a special variation of every ship, a flag of sorts, that has a level and has pre existing random upgrades BUT those upgrades are against a special high powered table of upgrades that are say 5x the normal, instead of 20% per level, its more like 100% per level. These special units cannot be leveled up or down so you're stuck with what you found but what you found can potentially be 5x more powerful then the typical unit level up the same way

So you can find a "Random Corvette" on a quest and its going to be level 3-4 because of the difficulty of your quest, The upgrades are random, but they are 100% increase upgrades. So if the level 3 Corvette happens to be level 3 attack, That's +300%. If you are questing for level 10 units you can potentially have a level 10 attack which makes it 10x attack. Although you could get 10x the movement or something or 5x hit points and 5x cargo.

That would make thousands of variations on custom special units There would be favorites Im sure, level 10 All movement Scout, but the chance of that would be pretty rare.
+1 link
Rekkles
Rekkles

9/13/2017
Rekkles
Rekkles
Awesome idea!!!
0 link
Cogs
Cogs

9/14/2017
Cogs