HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Selll/pick up everything bug Messages in this topic - RSS

Tunguska
Tunguska

10/14/2017
Tunguska
Tunguska
A couple of bugs (unintended consequences) of the sell/pick up everything order.

First: if I'm trying to sell multiple items at a location, if one of the products gets down to 1 left and doesn't sell, the freighter gives up and moves on. Even though it has plenty of other items to sell.

Second: If I have a transport that is set to pick up everything at a location (a location that can produce say basic and precious minerals), if I've changed the production from one to the other then the freighter gets to a location and picks up all the Basic Mins however on the next turn when it should pick up the Precious Mins it seems to get confused by the fact there is more Basic Mins to pick up and picks up them instead. This loops till the transport is full. This doesn't happen if there is only one product at the pick up site, then it is happy to pick up and move off whether full or not.
0 link
nynobernie
nynobernie

10/16/2017
nynobernie
nynobernie
To your second part:
The problem is that only one product gets picked up at a time. After picking up the units seems to check if there is more there for the pick up order. So for pick up all it ll do:

1. Pick up everyting from product A
2. Check if there is more -> Yes Product B
3. Pick up everyting from product B
4. Check if there is more -> Yes Product A got produced in the mean time
5. Loop back to 1

As you have said it ll move to next order if cargo is full or there is nothing left after picking up (which will be the case if there is just one product).

The easiest solution i see is allowing to pick up multiple products at once. Otherwise you had to store information which product has been picked up before and should not again be picked up by that unit even if there is more that got produced/dropped off. This seems a little complicated.
On the other hand one might argue that its cheaper if only full freighters move around (warp gate costs).
0 link
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz

10/28/2017
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz
The Freighter sitting there picking up products until full has been bothering me for a while now, picking up everything available and then moving on to the next order would be great smile
0 link