HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Demand and volume Messages in this topic - RSS

nynobernie
nynobernie

10/20/2017
nynobernie
nynobernie
Generally i feel like volumes are to low. To sell all products from a singlelvl 10 factory (1200 output) you need to sell to cities with a total of about 120 million population (if you only want to supply 10% to get stable prices). Thats like all of earth right now if I am not mistaken? With one factory?

So generally I suggest doubeling volumes. But in order to counter huge profits I'd also suggest that volumes are coupled to the demand. So for products with low demands, there would exist a lot more people willing to buy right?

Lets say volume is doubled at 200 demand (is now 1000 instead of 500 for example). But if no one supplies it, the price rises. naturally less people are willing to buy. So at 300% demand the volume could drop back to 500. At 400% demand maybe you can only sell 250 per turn. On the other hand if product is cheap, lets say 100% demand, volume could go up to 2000, at 50% 4000.

This would make it possible to sell higher volumes at reasonable prices and on the other hand it would make it easier to lower demand for products that are very high in demand since you would not have to supply as much to lower demand. If the scaling of demand/population/volumes is scaled in a good way, this would also make it nearly impossible to drop demand to 10% since volumes would(should) get ridiculously high.Overall I think this could make the economy healthier.

All numbers are only examples to explain the idea.
edited by nynobernie on 10/20/2017
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

10/20/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
We don't have enough players to support half of the volume present on earth right now and its only at 120 mil thats why is falling in population.

The volume is linked to population to make it easier to raise small cities, and harder to grow them as they get bigger . Its a self balancing mechanic.

One structure can make 1200, or more like 2000 ish raw materials depending on your resource. ANd you can have about 10 of those running before logistics penalty , So, 20,000 product a turn,

If you look at Earth demand it shows total volume for each category. Its about 1.5 million a turn and the population is only 117 million on earth. If you can supply 10% of the volume you can keep all demand stable (until of course pop increases and volumes rise). So we need 150k product a turn spread perfectly to maintain stable demand .

So we would need about 8-10 level 10 corps at maximum with near perfect distribution just to maintain earth as it currently is.. At 100% demand lets say, the population of earth will Double in a week, so now we need nearly 20 max level perfect players to maintain the place. Week after it will be 40 players. ANd the average popualtion in the cities will be 20-30 million each.

Anyway, the general mechanic is that when population is low, the volume is low which means when you sell 1000 units at a volume 100 place, the demand will drop 10 points. When all the demand drops like that , the population will rise faster. As populations go up, it gets harder and harder to keep the demand down. Its like a rubber band mechanic. At the same time. The more populated planets are where you can make more money at higher level because you need to dump 20k worth of product a turn to dump at a reasonable price.

Increasing the volume as the price goes down means the volume goes down as the price goes up. That will cause a train wreck at high demand low population planet with everyone scrambling over 14 volume, even if I double it
0 link