HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

System trade goods? Messages in this topic - RSS

Maharava
Maharava

11/13/2017
Maharava
Maharava
Would it possible, and/or a good idea, to have system-specific trade goods?
What I mean is, a type of trade good (Sol Goods) that can only be made in Sol. If cities had a demand for it - one not tied to population - it would form the basis of interstellar trade. Right now I've never found a reason to send my freighter between star systems, but having unique goods in each system could change that. Nothing too complex or over the top, of course, we have more than enough economy, just an idea I had a couple days ago.
+1 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

11/25/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Maharava wrote:
Would it possible, and/or a good idea, to have system-specific trade goods?
What I mean is, a type of trade good (Sol Goods) that can only be made in Sol. If cities had a demand for it - one not tied to population - it would form the basis of interstellar trade. Right now I've never found a reason to send my freighter between star systems, but having unique goods in each system could change that. Nothing too complex or over the top, of course, we have more than enough economy, just an idea I had a couple days ago.

Intersting idea. It would be something like "Trade Goods - Sol" but that is pretty much aggregating the entire 150 products together =)
0 link
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz

11/26/2017
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz
I like this idea, give each system a unique material... would make inter system trading more desirable
0 link
Maharava
Maharava

11/26/2017
Maharava
Maharava
Yeah, and with interstellar trading comes more organisations, policing trade lanes, player interaction, and so forth.
0 link
Rence Ramurph
Rence Ramurph

11/29/2017
Rence Ramurph
Rence Ramurph
This is a great idea.
Not sure if it's possible, but I think it'd work best if these System Specific Goods did not affect the population of cities. Otherwise cities would collapse waiting for Wolf System Trade Goods.
0 link
nynobernie
nynobernie

11/29/2017
nynobernie
nynobernie
Someone would just build an structure there to mine it. Or would it be in a way that your Hq had to be in that system?
If anyone could mine/build system specific goods there is almost no point at all for it.
0 link
Maharava
Maharava

11/29/2017
Maharava
Maharava
Having the HQ in that system is a good idea. Maybe it's something ONLY a HQ can produce?
0 link
Ramurph
Ramurph

12/1/2017
Ramurph
Ramurph
nynobernie wrote:
Someone would just build an structure there to mine it. Or would it be in a way that your Hq had to be in that system?
If anyone could mine/build system specific goods there is almost no point at all for it.

Think that's the point, to have people expand into underpopulated systems to build mines/factories.
If there were only a couple of Nodes for each of the System Specific Resources, it would be important for people to hold the territory, and could lead to interesting outcomes.
0 link