HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Distribution Centre - a suggested modification Messages in this topic - RSS

EventHorizon
EventHorizon

1/4/2018
EventHorizon
EventHorizon
Instead of getting more sales volume from DBCs as we level I think it would make more sense for them to increase the number of buys/sells you get per level and just let players sell at max volume through them regardless of their level. I'm looking at this from the perspective of a mayor who wants to drive population growth by managing demand percentages in their city. DBCs are very useful for this purpose but they're also too limiting as they are and put a significant strain on logistics because it ends up being better in most cases to build multiple lower level DBCs in the same city to get the increased buy/sells while building each just high enough to surpass the current trade volumes. At level 10 your sales volume would be 120000 units per turn. Given that cities in practice max out around 20 to 25 million (and that requires a lot of effort to sustain) which means average trade volumes of 2500 give or take 500 or so, there is basically no reason to ever build a DBC past level 5 or 6. This whole set up seems to run counter to how the game normally scales so that players are encouraged to build one building up rather than building multiples of the same building, in order to get the most out of limited logistics points. If DBCs started with 1 buy/sell then scaled to 2, 5, 11, 22 all the way to a max of 120 then building a single DBC to level 10 could potentially make sense for mayors as it would allow buy sells across the entire spectrum of products. It would also make them more useful for short term trading in other cities where you could build a level 1, 2 or 3 DBC quickly to take advantage of specific opportunities and then scrap them later as needed.
0 link
EventHorizon
EventHorizon

1/4/2018
EventHorizon
EventHorizon
Another little bonus you could add to DBCs is to have them reduce storage costs starting at 0.5% for level 1 and going up to 60% for a level 10 DBC. Given that they're basically warehouses this does make sense.
0 link
Maharava
Maharava

1/4/2018
Maharava
Maharava
I fully support DBCs getting more transaction slots Big Grin
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

1/4/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
DBCs more slots....

like start at 10 but go to 20 at level 10? +5 slots per level making like level 10 be 55 slots? I don't think having 100 slots at level 10 is going to work well
0 link
nynobernie
nynobernie

1/4/2018
nynobernie
nynobernie
Yeah the volume restrictions arent helpful. On the otherhand you can sell fixed amounts without volume restrictions already its only the "every turn" orders that are limited.

If it were to be changed so that the number of slots goes up it needs to be scaling better than adding another dist center. When you start with 10 slots you need to add at least 10 when upgrading or it will be better to just add another building. So the 10 (+5 per lvl) scaling wont work if there are no other stats that upgrade besides the number of buy/sell slots
0 link
EventHorizon
EventHorizon

1/4/2018
EventHorizon
EventHorizon
55 slots would be a big improvement. A couple players in one city could basically work together to manage the city market. I hear what nyno is saying though. If you start at 10 and the only levelling bonus is 5 more slots, it will actually be more cost effective to build mulitple level 1 buildings since you don't need to level to get the volume sales and 2 level one buildings are cheaper upkeep than one level 2. If it started with one slot and then increased to 2, 4, 8, 14, 22, 32, 44,58, 74 Maybe that could work?

Another way to approach it would be to give DBCs the ability to do transfers for contracts. A lot of players would use them for that so the extra slots would come in handy and help reduce the drain on military logistics from transports/freighters.

Also, i think if you put in the bonus for reduced storage costs that would be attractive to a lot of players who deal only in contracts and often have large stockpiles.
0 link