HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

New city and geoboosters Messages in this topic - RSS

nynobernie
nynobernie

1/17/2018
nynobernie
nynobernie
When a new city spawns, It does not seem to get the growth bonus from currently active geoboosters.
0 link
nynobernie
nynobernie

1/18/2018
nynobernie
nynobernie
So in the mean time new boosters have been deployed and it still doesnt have a effect on the growth. City in question is Megaira on Mars. (The same is happening in Toland/Mercury)
0 link
nynobernie
nynobernie

1/20/2018
nynobernie
nynobernie
Still happening. Planet and system booster are active, but pop still shrinking in the new cities.
0 link
RicoSuave
RicoSuave

1/20/2018
RicoSuave
RicoSuave
If a city happens to be in decline, deploying a geo boost merely slows the rate at which population declines. In other words, a geo boost does NOT automatically shift a population from one in decline to one that grows.

On the other hand, should a population actually be growing at the time of deployment, the expected "boost" occurs, and the effect operates for exactly 100 turns.
0 link
RicoSuave
RicoSuave

1/20/2018
RicoSuave
RicoSuave
Also, I don't believe that geo boosts stack, I recall reading somewhere. But you should ask the dev regarding that point.
0 link
Methanevalley
Methanevalley

1/20/2018
Methanevalley
Methanevalley
I can confirm that geoboosts of different types stack, Rico. I can see a notable increase in population growth on Centauri VI whenever I add an AX effect to the A1 and A5 effects which I keep permanently deployed. If you mean geoboosts of the same type, then you would be correct.
0 link
nynobernie
nynobernie

1/21/2018
nynobernie
nynobernie
I have been boosting a long time on Mars. For me it seems like each booster adds 50% to the current growth. So a new city with 200% avg demand has about 0% growth. With planet and system boosting this should be about 100% growth for a new city, but it stays at 0%. I cant see any problems with the older cities on Mars. The boosters work there pretty much as expected.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

1/31/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Geo boosters multiply existing growth, not add to it. If there is a fraction of a percent of growth, a geo booster will increase it by 50% of that fraction of a percent. If its at 0 growth booster will do nothing, if the growth is through the roof, booster will be much more effective. When growth is negative, booster reduce the negative but can never make it a positive.

Boosters of different scopes stack. City, Planet and System boosters stack.
0 link
nynobernie
nynobernie

2/1/2018
nynobernie
nynobernie
Hm are you sure about that? How is it then that growth often goes from positive into negative when a booster runs out? Or is the booster effect added to the growth contribution of single products?
For example I have product A at 150% demand and product B at 300%. So on average this would be 225% demand -> -25% growth. With booster product A would contribute more to growth and the negetive effects of product B would be less? In this case A contributes 50% to growth (200% normal demand - 150% = 50%) and the booster makes this 75%. For product B it would be -100% without booster and -50% with the booster. That makes 25% growth in total with a booster.

Thats all just speculation how it could work. Only you know for sure wink But what you have written just doesnt add up when applied to the total growth values we see in the game. I d just like to understand exactly how it works.
edited by nynobernie on 2/1/2018
0 link