metoneca

2/10/2018
metoneca
metoneca
Heya all ..

http://baronsofthegalaxy.com/corporate_politics.aspx?eventid=50628
Strange tremors are occurring at Earth | 6:8
Stage: 1 - Kaiju 9 Monster is awakening - Ends: 38964

Just started to play about a week ago. When this Event appeared today, i tried to read and figure out what i have to do now since i don't have big firepower yet. Do i have to build some additional military stuff and if yes, which one? As it's mentioned that the max Level of the Kaiju is 10 and this one is 9, it seems a lot power is needed. Any advice for a newbie?
0 link
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz

2/10/2018
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz
Hi and welcome... just concentrate on your economy for now, there are plenty of corps that can take care of it smile
0 link
Wreith42
Wreith42

2/13/2018
Wreith42
Wreith42
Metoneca, I don't know if you got a more helpful answer somewhere else, and you can get most of this by looking at the event and battle reports, but:
The Kaiju types are listed at the very bottom of the combat section of the guide. They attack as armored, battlesuit, or fighter units (with their strengths and weaknesses) depending on the type. I believe the levels are the same as our units, so a Kaiju lvl 9 has a 87 multiplier to it's values.
What units you would need to have to be useful depends on the monster type as mentioned. All the strengths/weaknesses can be found in the combat charts in the guide.
Additionally the monsters are allergic to a particular resource. If they enter a space with that resource, they will take damage based on the amount of the material present.
Finally, the Kaiju automatically attacks any location in enters, so if you set your units to Guard Location at a point in the monsters's path, you will engage it when it arrives.

You receive a monetary reward based on the amount you are able to contribute to the battle. Unless the monster is vastly overwhelmed, it's usually not worth it to participate just to try and get the reward.
+1 link
metoneca
metoneca

2/15/2018
metoneca
metoneca
@ Wreith

Got no other answers so far except yours now. Thank you, even for the hints. Had read the Guide but it seems i had overlooked some parts, need to read it again soon.
Found the battle reports and will study it to learn a bit more. Anyway, so it's more or less a "passive attack" by simply placing military units into the sector where the Kaiju is?
0 link
Wreith42
Wreith42

2/15/2018
Wreith42
Wreith42
Essentially, yes.
In a Kaiju battle we are the defenders. It will attack anything at its location every turn.
0 link
metoneca
metoneca

2/16/2018
metoneca
metoneca
One more question: If i would sent military into the Kaiju sector, do i have to set my forces to guard my own "single corporation" or the "entire location" in such cases?
edited by metoneca on 2/16/2018
0 link
OriontheHunterr
OriontheHunterr

2/16/2018
OriontheHunterr
OriontheHunterr
It is recommended that you never set to entire location or you could end up defending and losing units over something you don't care that much about. Just set it to defend yourself. You can also set it to attack and pick the corporation of the Kaiju. They do belong to a corp like everything in the game.
0 link
metoneca
metoneca

2/16/2018
metoneca
metoneca
Yep, thought "entire location" didn't sound to be the right thing, because it would even mean i would defend against anyone else there and not only against the Kaiju. But i prefered to be sure, since it could have been possible that by gamedesign all defenders are something like a big "all together against the Kaiju corporation". Anyway, thank you!
edited by metoneca on 2/16/2018
0 link
Wreith42
Wreith42

2/16/2018
Wreith42
Wreith42
With attack orders, that IS how it works. All corporations that intend to attack together have to set the exact same orders or individual battles will be created.
Maybe it only applies to the attacker. I thought It applied both ways. But the Kaiju is for sure attacking location, so I guess everyone defends together regardless of the specific order.
0 link
Wreith42
Wreith42

2/16/2018
Wreith42
Wreith42
With attack orders, that IS how it works. All corporations that intend to attack together have to set the exact same orders or individual battles will be created.
Maybe it only applies to the attacker. I thought It applied both ways. But the Kaiju is for sure attacking location, so I guess everyone defends together regardless of the specific order.
0 link