HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Cruise missiles Messages in this topic - RSS

Cogs
Cogs

6/7/2018
Cogs
Cogs
Hi,

After checking military display in viewscreen, I looked up into Dark Star Empire again, and figured there is a military asset/unit missing in the game: cruise missiles ..

Why always send ships or troupes to combat risking losing the unit(s) and be burdened with repair costs, when missiles could be build? Those would also count as having an impact on logistics, cost somewhat a lot, yet do the damage without the need to worry about anything else in the aftermath .. so, blowing up, or rather weakening or defeating, a Dark Star base (requiring a collection of missiles), or any Star, would be to first begin with a missile strike and then send in the ships/troupes to finish it off .. yeah?

Of course countermeasures would be offered as well, in form of special units or already existing ones that would also be able to track and target the missiles .. like the static missile turrets and orbital guns should already be able to do this .. could also be a special upgrade for units/ships or even a special artifacts..
Cheers!
edited by Surgicus on 6/7/2018
0 link
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz

6/7/2018
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz
I like the idea... anyone up for inter system nuclear missiles? smile
0 link
Wreith42
Wreith42

6/7/2018
Wreith42
Wreith42
I really don't think this idea fits the game in its current state.

That said, I'd like to add some suggestions to the idea.
When a missile arrives at a location it would trigger an attack with no offensive capability so that defenses can activate first. Would need some way to trigger after that. Maybe if it starts a turn without orders in a location not containing a military base of it's owner's corporation, it detonates

Also, if the idea of customizing units with product ever gets added, this might be a good unit to start with.
Change what units the missile is effective against or how it behaves based on what products have been added.
Say, advanced electronics allows you to pick a specific target structure rather than all enemy corp units at a location
Experimental electric could do the same, but allow specific unit targeting.
Explosives increase damage
Rad Metal increase damage.maybe kill more population.
not sure
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

6/8/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I don't think there will be Cruise missiles as described added to the game. Although there are superweapons that can target locations from a distance, They are going to be Megastructures of some sort
0 link
AkiraNekory
AkiraNekory

8/13/2018
AkiraNekory
AkiraNekory
This sounds good, but can go totaly wrong... like nearly glassing a planet if enough cruise missiles are stored up?
These Cruise missiles would need to be attackable on aproach, and also in the battle they should be able to be shot down, going from counter missiles to simple point defence from ships also including AA weapons... too much work I atm I would say.

OR they would need to be super expensive, while the counter missile is rather cheap, however, that will make the risk/reward ratio for PvE hit rock bottom, either, because these missiles are to expensive, making the attack cost more then what you can get, or the opposite, making it to easy... ooor they would have a defence against it, making it primary a PvP weapon, and at that rather an mid / end player weapon to supress low / mid players...

in the end, the idea is interessting but difficult... and would require a lot of work and testing...
0 link