the topic is closed | show rated messages only

HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

What should we work on next? Messages in this topic - RSS

Of these features what do you want me to prioritize first?

Anomalies/Quests:8
Guild Bank :11
Comms messages forwarding to email/mobile:1
Political Prestige:1
Meta Game Voting Power:1
Strategic Locations:4
Unit Order management / logic:14
Buying Selling from Corps without contracts:10
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/12/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I have a lo of different features I'm juggling in the game right now and I'm losing focus on what is actually high priority so much like everything else in the game. Lets take a vote. Of these features what do you want me to prioritize first?

Anomalies/Quests - Anomalies such as Derelict Spacecraft, Trading Posts. Crash Sites are already being worked on. You will be able to accept randomized quests at those locations (Rescue Mission, Take out a Base, Deliver Goods) for rewards ranging from credits to Artifact Fragments to Randomized units.

Guild Bank - Allow for guild taxes which collect in a guild bank. Guild leaders can set guild members assets against the guild bank for maintenance. Allows Corps to run huge fleets or megastructures but have the maintenance paid for buy the guild bank. The "Guild" doesn't technically own any assets,the corps do. If the guild bank cannot cove the cost, the costs lands on the asset owners. This feature is almost pre-requisite before Huge Megastructures come into play.

Comms messages forwarding to email/mobile. You can set an email address (which can send to mobile through your carrier also) to forward certain comms messages like battles to your email or mobile.

Political Prestige - Titles, Megastructure ownership etc increases political prestige stat. This stat give bonus to voting and logistics.

Meta Game Voting Power - Voting powers to inflict punishment or sanctions on other players. War Reparations for unprovoked aggression, ban buying/selling/structures in the area or perhaps bounties. The extent of these powers rise with how much vote you can attain from other players with the scope. Restricted to city/planet/system leaders.

Strategic Locations - Similar to Strategic Resources in the game Stelaris. These are special locations that if you currently hold them you get corp wide bonus of some sort. "Capture" mechanic for these would be if you attack a corp at location who owns that resource and that the current owner is wiped out militarily the attacking corp with the highest Military Power gets ownership of that resource.
Penal Colony - Free maintenance Military Base
Android Factory - Free maintenance Shipyard for lower ships
Black Market - Small amount Free Products of any type
Monument - Political Prestige
Strange elements that reduce unit construction/maintenance or increase all movement while you hold it.
Worm Holes...

Unit Order management / logic - Allow for simple conditions and logic in the unit orders. Comments on units themselves. Make Variables for locations, product and quantity and allow those to be used in orders. You can change the variables at any time to shift all your orders around. The Military Order can store everything as it does now, but allow for mass update by variable table

Buying Selling from Corps without contracts. Simply go to a stack of goods and set for sell at a certain value. These show up on a list everyone can see and buy instantly (or perhaps on turn flip) without any other interaction.Full blown contracts can be regulated to more complicated and persistent agreements.
0 link
LunaMoth
LunaMoth

8/12/2018
LunaMoth
LunaMoth
When you say "without contracts" does that mean I don't need to ask someone to accept my contract, load a transport with goods, and drop them off? If so, I like that idea.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/12/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
LunaMoth wrote:
When you say "without contracts" does that mean I don't need to ask someone to accept my contract, load a transport with goods, and drop them off? If so, I like that idea.

If they buy it, it simply changes ownership at location
0 link
1yur
1yur

8/12/2018
1yur
1yur
Some kind of sharing military units for guilds will be a good feature as well, as guild bank.

--
SVII | Offworld Engineering
0 link
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz

8/12/2018
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz
Like Lyurr, along with the guild bank... a guild warehouse for products and guild controlled units would be my choice but at the end of the day, anything that will attract new players will get my vote
0 link
AkiraNekory
AkiraNekory

8/13/2018
AkiraNekory
AkiraNekory
I see Wormholes here, will it be with a stabilizer megastructure / wormhole stabilizer ship (like can carry XXX size with it trought the wormhole)? both neihter? free to use? XD
0 link

8/13/2018
In my view this is already feasible, does already exist, by preparing a stack of products separately or away from the main storage location, then when setting up a contact in -List my products- the stack can be chosen, and with this the proposed feature is achieved: contracting a stack of product at a specific location, where the concerned will change hands upon acceptance of the contract. Noe if one or more seperate stacks of the same product could be prepared at the same location (by giving them a name, like a units group or fleet, so perhaps even a stack of mixed products?) this would then make sense as an innovative feature and certainly come in handy.
0 link
Cogs
Cogs

8/13/2018
Cogs
Cogs
This was in regards to "without contracts"
In my view this is already feasible, does already exist, by preparing a stack of products separately or away from the main storage location, then when setting up a contact in -List my products- the stack can be chosen, and with this the proposed feature is achieved: contracting a stack of product at a specific location, where the concerned will change hands upon acceptance of the contract. Now if one or more separate stacks of the same product could be prepared at the same location (by giving them a name, like a units group or fleet, so perhaps even a stack of mixed products?) this would then make sense as an innovative feature and certainly come in handy.

Somehow I had the page open after switching wi-fi connection and the thing lost my login yet still recognized me as -Guest- .. ? Go figure ..
edited by Surgicus on 8/13/2018
0 link
Drinthap
Drinthap

8/13/2018
Drinthap
Drinthap
My main feature request is a better turn update system.

The only thing that really annoys me in this game is being basically kicked out of it every 10 minutes for 15 secs or so and having to redo the order I was working on.

A more seamless turn timer would greatly improve user experience.
0 link
Methanevalley
Methanevalley

8/13/2018
Methanevalley
Methanevalley
On contract overhaul, I think it might be interesting to allow buying partial stacks. Perhaps Cogs's idea of stack names could be used to allow increasing the size of stacks already for sale, making it easier for someone to sell to the general population of the game on an ongoing basis?

Also, if it isn't too hard on the server, automatically matching buy contracts to sell contracts in the same location might make it easier to establish something like a commodities exchange.

- Titan Industrial
0 link
Serenity
Serenity

8/14/2018
Serenity
Serenity
I had a megastructure idea: Auction House

It would have cargo hold and hangar space. You could transfer products or items or load units inside it then you would be able to set prices for products, items and units stored inside.

Fixed price sales: Buyers wouldn’t need to buy the complete stack of products or items listed, they could buy parts of it.

Auctions: You could also start auctions for products, items and units. In this case buyers must buy the complete stack of products or items offered. You would be able to set the end time for your auctions.

If someone buys something then at the end of the turn it will be automatically unloaded and transferred to the buyer.
edited by Serenity on 8/14/2018

--
Sweet Fruit Supply
0 link
1yur
1yur

8/14/2018
1yur
1yur
... Aaand what we've forgotten - better reports for everything. Or just a possibility to access at list a flat table of some data - fore resources, demands, units etc, like accounting page with different sections. This would be really, really necessary. Now there are a lot of similar stuff is made on external side.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/hVVO9O1IQcapM1iMUQfUiw.png

--
SVII | Offworld Engineering
0 link
CptCommanche
CptCommanche

8/14/2018
CptCommanche
CptCommanche
Doctor Dread, I'm sure you've seen this suggestion floating around multiple places.... SHRINK THE GALAXY back to a suitable size for the player base smile I would think this could be a fairly easy thing for you to do (maybe I'm wrong?). Like down to 3-4 systems. We close 2 systems/week to allow players to adjust to the changes. We keep the the most populated systems active (Sol, Gul, Sirius, Centauri. Close the rest.

I believe this would do more long-term good for the game than any of the above changes, at much less effort to you.

--
Boldor Galactic Inc, AKA the old StarCorp
-1 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/14/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Serenity wrote:
I had a megastructure idea: Auction House

It would have cargo hold and hangar space. You could transfer products or items or load units inside it then you would be able to set prices for products, items and units stored inside.

Fixed price sales: Buyers wouldn’t need to buy the complete stack of products or items listed, they could buy parts of it.

Auctions: You could also start auctions for products, items and units. In this case buyers must buy the complete stack of products or items offered. You would be able to set the end time for your auctions.

If someone buys something then at the end of the turn it will be automatically unloaded and transferred to the buyer.

This wouldn't need to be a structure in game. Simply setting up a stack of product or unit up for sale from maybe the More Info tab would work. Then there would be a screen for auctions to see them all somewhere.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/14/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
CptCommanche wrote:
Doctor Dread, I'm sure you've seen this suggestion floating around multiple places.... SHRINK THE GALAXY back to a suitable size for the player base smile I would think this could be a fairly easy thing for you to do (maybe I'm wrong?). Like down to 3-4 systems. We close 2 systems/week to allow players to adjust to the changes. We keep the the most populated systems active (Sol, Gul, Sirius, Centauri. Close the rest.

I believe this would do more long-term good for the game than any of the above changes, at much less effort to you.

I can implode dead systems, but that doesn't really fix the problem if they are already empty. It's hard to implode populated areas without really pissing off people who are there. I also cant realistically implode Sector 7.

Imploding the areas seems forced. I would rather try to find a away that makes aggregating with the other players in a smaller space beneficial so it happens naturally. Some sort of tech bonus if your building in a place with many other players and industries. Max city population scales up with the amount of industry there? Like 1 mil for every 1k industry output?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/14/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Iyurrr wrote:
... Aaand what we've forgotten - better reports for everything. Or just a possibility to access at list a flat table of some data - fore resources, demands, units etc, like accounting page with different sections. This would be really, really necessary. Now there are a lot of similar stuff is made on external side.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/hVVO9O1IQcapM1iMUQfUiw.png

I'm not sure exactly what kind of reporting is useful. I should probably put up a thread on exactly what you would want to see. I've always wanted to make an API that allows player to take the data directly and do whatever you like with it but that would probably be restricted to paid accounts and have to be limited to not kill the database. That's why I would rather have more controlled reports that can take parameters
0 link
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz

8/16/2018
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz
As the guild bank seems to be the favoured option at the moment can we have some clarification on how you plan to make it work? as i understand it, i can set one of my fleets as "[ARK]" the bank pays the upkeep unless there is not enough funds... does the Guild have its own logistic quota or will that still fall on myself? you have mentioned in the past about Guildmasters being able to take control of "Guild Assets", is this still something you have in mind? if so can a player still return control of the units back to themselves or will the guildmaster have to release them?
edited by jimbobdaz on 8/16/2018
edited by jimbobdaz on 8/16/2018
0 link
Wreith42
Wreith42

8/17/2018
Wreith42
Wreith42
I can't believe people want he guild bank more than the order logic.
If y'all just agree and do it, you can do the shared funds thing yourselves.

To answer Dread's last comment, the only report I can think of that I would like to have would be a much longer accounting report. After three turns or so things aren't visible any more, so if something unexpected happened since I was on last, I may not have a way to figure out what it was.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

8/17/2018
Vulpex
Vulpex
*edited post for relevance*

From my perspective the thing that I would find the most important is to work on those aspects of the game which would make it more likely to retain new players.

Note that I say retain, not draw - drawing in new players is something which is done separately from this by and large but it is something which can certainly be done in other ways.

In this sense I was drawn to many of the aspects which are relevant in the field of getting players to work together because it is when you have a community and friends which you are working with that you can actually enjoy the game in the long term. This would be great.

That is why I was rather interested in those aspects of the game which fostered cooperation - specifically the guild bank and the use of trades without contracts (which would make trade between corps much much easier).

I also very much liked the idea of the Unit Order Management because it would be a great UI improvement but not sure if every player would actually use it and benefit from it so I was a bit on the fence with that one.

But I also wonder if that is the right approach to retain players, it might be but I am not sure.

Another way of looking at player retention is to give them great long term goals. In that respect the follow-up to the guild banks is also very valuable - specifically when you look for the longer term huge megastructures projects - but also the new anomalies/quests and the strategic locations.

I do think there is a bit of confusion as to exactly how a guild bank would work - JBD has touched on a few of the key aspects but it boils down to the simple question of whether a unit being paid out of the guild bank still contributed to the logistics penalty of the player who owned the unit. (I have had discussions with a bunch of players, some believe it would not, some believe it would, and it might be part of the reason why that option is so popular, only Seren would be able to clarify).
edited by Vulpex on 8/17/2018
+1 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/20/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Wreith42 wrote:
I can't believe people want he guild bank more than the order logic.
If y'all just agree and do it, you can do the shared funds thing yourselves.

To answer Dread's last comment, the only report I can think of that I would like to have would be a much longer accounting report. After three turns or so things aren't visible any more, so if something unexpected happened since I was on last, I may not have a way to figure out what it was.

That is a legitimate complaint. It goes by row count, not turns so as to not break the page but you Megacorps out there make 500 rows of logs in a single turn. The database is keeping track of accounting for 3-5 days back. I think I can at least add a paging row no problem and maybe a specific turn field? That accounting page is unwieldy with big corps I'm not sure how to make it easier to read.
0 link