HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Leaving Earth..? Messages in this topic - RSS

cptIGLO
cptIGLO

9/5/2018
cptIGLO
cptIGLO
I´m quite the newbie and still have to figure things out. I already found a lot in this forum and within the guide section of the gamepage itself yet I´m not sure wether to focus on leaving earth or to stay. What are the benefits of a different planet? Are there any risks? Do I just have to send a Scoutship with an ACP (Structure) to build an outpost?

Thx for any answers greetz
cptIGLO, CEO of IGLO Corp
0 link
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz

9/5/2018
jimbobdaz
jimbobdaz
There are risks if you just go off on your own without a half decent military from raiders, staying on earth is one option until you have built your corp up, another option is to move to Gulyaev...The Ark Group will provide cash/acps/transports/Freighters to set you up, you will also benifit from the protection of the strongest militaries in the game.

Oh and welcome, have fun whatever you decide to do smile
0 link
1yur
1yur

9/6/2018
1yur
1yur
Or you can try even remote sector as well smile
Please, take a look on this topic: http://forum.baronsofthegalaxy.com/topic2977-vii-sector.aspx#post7014

--
SVII | Offworld Engineering
0 link
cptIGLO
cptIGLO

9/6/2018
cptIGLO
cptIGLO
Thx for your answerswink your offers are tempting but like I said I still have to figure out so many things. I guess I´d be a big burden as long as I don´t get the basics.
0 link
Wreith42
Wreith42

9/6/2018
Wreith42
Wreith42
To counter that, it's easiest to learn if you have a city you can essentially control and play with.
Moving out of Sol would probably give you that.
And most guilds out there can support you during the learning curve and don't mind doing so.
0 link
cptIGLO
cptIGLO

9/6/2018
cptIGLO
cptIGLO
sounds reasonable...I´ll keep that in mind and make my decision within the next couple of days.
0 link
1yur
1yur

9/6/2018
1yur
1yur
You are welcome. Anyway, Earth is a good playground to test the game and understand the basics. Later you can just scrap everything and move somewhere else.

--
SVII | Offworld Engineering
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/6/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Generally speaking, Earth is safer and more stable with plenty of permanent cities but the resource values are significantly higher everywhere else. You don't have to leave earth with your Corp HQ, you can build factories on other planets even on a free account and ship stuff back. Once you get a foothold on Earth, make a ship and a ACP and go plant something on a nearby planet. Put some small troops on it with a frigate if you have one or send a military base in with your factory and build it slowly.
0 link
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms

9/6/2018
ChaChaCharms
ChaChaCharms
Or just get to lvl 2 and contact any of us at ARK. We provide plenty of start up capital consisting of cash (50m or more), acp (structure and military) as well as protection

--
Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain..
0 link