HomeNegotiating Table

This forum is dedicated to advertising for public contracts and making deals

Moon Charter III Discussion Thread Messages in this topic - RSS

CptCommanche
CptCommanche

9/6/2018
CptCommanche
CptCommanche
This thread is dedicated to the proposal for a renewed moon charter as discussed in the comms and discord. This proposal is to be based on past precedent for moon charters.

The charter is expected to address these following issues:
- The appointment of a moon manager (Someone other than the emperor)
- Max 1 research facility per corporation with HQ on Sol
- Max lv.5 research facility
- Limitations on military presence at the artifact site
- Limitations on production of dangerous artifacts

Other possible additions to the charter, based on community feedback:
- May not own any other research facilities (possible exception to earth mayors)
- Corp must own a certain % of industry on earth

Please provide feedback below concerning the specific provisions of the charter.

--
Boldor Galactic Inc, AKA the old StarCorp
0 link
Wreith42
Wreith42

9/6/2018
Wreith42
Wreith42
Just my two cents:

- Moon Manager should be someone HQed in Sol and should possibly own the Warp Gate as compensation for the post.
- I would consider making the lvl limit one of the upgrades with a bigger jump in production, say lvl 4 or lvl 7
- I see no reason to limit military presence other than to limit it to those who have a research facility on site.
- "Dangerous" artifacts also have legitimate uses. The only possible exception being A5 cybertronic (useless fighter). I would say anyone USING such an artifact in Sol could possibly have their moon facility rights revoked.

- I would definitely say once you have a lvl 5 or higher research center elsewhere, you should vacate the moon. A facility selling mechanic would make this easier.
- exception should explicitly include Emperors and Star Lord of Sol
- I don't think the industry percentage is enforceable
edited by Wreith42 on 9/6/2018
0 link
CptCommanche
CptCommanche

9/7/2018
CptCommanche
CptCommanche
Those are great thoughts Wreith. I appreciate the input, especially since you don't have a stake in this legislation, yet you offer great advice.

It has been mentioned before, simplicity is important, so perhaps eliminating unnecessary requirements will help keep things streamlined and easy to understand. So perhaps limiting the military presence is unnecessary.

--
Boldor Galactic Inc, AKA the old StarCorp
0 link
Steffstoff
Steffstoff

9/7/2018
Steffstoff
Steffstoff
The charter is expected to address these following issues:
- The appointment of a moon manager (Someone other than the emperor)

I'd like to see the Exordium Inc. in this position. I believe in the best intentions for Earth and Sol. Another Plus is of course the military strength of this great corporation!
- Max 1 research facility per corporation with HQ on Sol

I can go with.
- Max lv.5 research facility

Okay.

- Limitations on military presence at the artifact site

The only corp with military on moon should be the moon manager. He's responsible for the safety of all structures on Moon. For that reason the Moon manager should get the warp gate on moon handed over.
- Limitations on production of dangerous artifacts

Not required. Who knows if we have to produce such Artefact for Earth defense. I see no reason to regulate this.
Other possible additions to the charter, based on community feedback:
- May not own any other research facilities (possible exception to earth mayors)

I like this part, because it gives the mayor some kind of mini reward for the hard job.
- Corp must own a certain % of industry on earth

I like this too, because with this we would encourage corps to support Earth, somehow.
0 link