HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

Combat Events Messages in this topic - RSS

LunaMoth
LunaMoth

9/8/2018
LunaMoth
LunaMoth
I recently realized that bounty for combat events are based on total military power brought to all battles related to the main base/ship. I think it makes more sense to be based on damage dealt. A small corp could be fighting a raider base for several turns with a low amount of power and then a large corp could swoop in to finish it off with maybe double the power of all the battles of the small corp; i.e., they would take 2/3 of the bounty. That doesn't seem fair.

For example:
1 commando deals 120 damage to a military base. 1 commando represents 12 military power.
1 battlesuit deals 40 damage to a military base. 1 battlesuit represents 80 military power.

3 battlesuits = 20x military power of a commando.

Suppose a small corp using 10 commandos wants to kill a base with 12,000 health points.
It would take at least 10 turns to do so--5 turns to deal 6,000 damage.
Now suppose that a large corp using 150 battlesuits (dealing 6,000 damage in 1 turn) attacks the base when it is at 7,200 health points (commando turn 5), which together finishes off the base.
The commando attacked for 5 turns equating to 10*12*5 = 600 total military power and ~5% of the bounty.
The battlesuits attacked for 1 turn equating to 150*80*1 = 12,000 total military power and ~95% of the bounty.

In addition, other corps could be defending against attacking enemies but won't get any bounty since they didn't deal damage or bring military power to the main base/ship.

The tricky part is when there is multi-corp overkill. In such situations, maybe the ratio of the damages could be used. Or for battles that take more than one turn, maybe there could be precedence for those that were in the previous battle.
edited by LunaMoth on 9/8/2018
+1 link
Wreith42
Wreith42

9/10/2018
Wreith42
Wreith42
I don't have a problem with not getting a part of the bounty unless you attack the base. That makes sense to me.
I shouldn't get paid to defend my own stuff.

I do think it would be nice if the number of turns groups are involved in combat would be taken into the calculation.
0 link
CptCommanche
CptCommanche

9/10/2018
CptCommanche
CptCommanche
Sounds like I need to get some more battlesuits....

--
Boldor Galactic Inc, AKA the old StarCorp
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

9/10/2018
Vulpex
Vulpex
I can confirm that in overkill situations it is damage inflicted not power brought to bear that is the basis for payouts.

At the last Kaiju I was the guy with 20 lvl 10 gunsuits... equivalent to.. uh... something like 12,000 lvl 1 battlesuits. - my overall military power was about 1.2 million in that fight (the gunsuits had company) compared to about 1.5 from the other two participants but I dealt only about 17% of the damage (It was a flying kaiju... damn things are hard to aim at in a gunsuit).

The payout was unfortunately proportional to the damage, not the military power...
edited by Vulpex on 9/10/2018
0 link
LunaMoth
LunaMoth

9/10/2018
LunaMoth
LunaMoth
Vulpex wrote:
I can confirm that in overkill situations it is damage inflicted not power brought to bear that is the basis for payouts.

At the last Kaiju I was the guy with 20 lvl 10 gunsuits... equivalent to.. uh... something like 12,000 lvl 1 battlesuits. - my overall military power was about 1.2 million in that fight (the gunsuits had company) compared to about 1.5 from the other two participants but I dealt only about 17% of the damage (It was a flying kaiju... damn things are hard to aim at in a gunsuit).

The payout was unfortunately proportional to the damage, not the military power...
edited by Vulpex on 9/10/2018

That must be a special case or a bug for Kaijus--in the event it says it is based on military power. According to battle report 31672, it says gunsuits dealt 134000 damage, which you had a lot of. It is also way less than the supposed 338000 damage/military power you brought. But it is the second most damage after the modified variteks that dealt 630000 damage. The monster had 240000 hit points. The total damage taken by that monster was 997445 leaving it with -757445 hit points. Battle report 31673 might also be a factor.

For Motherships and Raiders, it is definitely based on total military power for all battles. In a number of my battles, the military power exactly matches what I brought for battles that lasted 1 turn and even for battles that lasted 3 turns with many different units.
edited by LunaMoth on 9/10/2018

0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/10/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
On event bounties its damage dealt but is only against the one units that triggers the end of the event. With Kaijus its one unit, on pirates and such its the base itself only. You might be damaging the ships and forces but one guy with commandos is going to obliterate the base itself
0 link
LunaMoth
LunaMoth

9/10/2018
LunaMoth
LunaMoth
It definitely seems like it is based on military power and not damage dealt. See attachments. In the Pirate Raider battle, I brought 30000 military power, and that's what showed up in the event. In the Mothership battles, I brought 584000+300000+300000=1184000 military power, and that's what showed up in the event.

0 link
Surgicus
Surgicus

9/10/2018
Surgicus
Surgicus
Luna, did you consider, like Dread mentions, the last battle report of a series, where the end of the event is triggered, that would be a Kaiju killed, a base destroyed, a mothership blown up. Then check which (and whose) units inflicted the most damage to the concerned key asset in this report, figure out the related ratios, whereas the bounty/reward is distributed and shared accordingly.
That is how I understand Dread's last reply.
0 link
LunaMoth
LunaMoth

9/11/2018
LunaMoth
LunaMoth
Surgicus wrote:
Luna, did you consider, like Dread mentions, the last battle report of a series, where the end of the event is triggered, that would be a Kaiju killed, a base destroyed, a mothership blown up. Then check which (and whose) units inflicted the most damage to the concerned key asset in this report, figure out the related ratios, whereas the bounty/reward is distributed and shared accordingly.
That is how I understand Dread's last reply.

Yes, I already considered that. He is just saying that bounties will only go to people who attack those special units--and not secondary units such as a Pirate Marauder. All events with Pirate Raiders and Alien Motherships are consistent for me--they base it correctly off of Total Military Power brought to the battles with the special unit. The Kaiju report is the one that doesn't make sense, which is why I suggested it is a bug. Is no one looking at the pictures? I have plenty more.
edited by LunaMoth on 9/11/2018

0 link
Serenity
Serenity

9/11/2018
Serenity
Serenity
I can confirm that during my battle with Luna against an alien mothership fleet power was the deciding factor regarding the distribution of rewards.

Lunas combined fleet power for 3 turns was 1,184,000 (584,000+300,000+300,000)
My fleet power for 1 turn was 1,083,000

Our reward was shared based on those two numbers (52% - 47%)

And not based on our damage dealt to the mothership.
Luna dealt about 409,000 damage
I dealt about 236,000 damage

Based on the damage our shares should have been (63% - 36%)

--
Sweet Fruit Supply
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

9/11/2018
Vulpex
Vulpex
You know... looking at the figures more closely and the event descriptions...

Maybe the Kaiju is a bit special in that it HAS to have a concern for damage because Kaiju can take damage outside of combat.

Either way the numbers on the Kaiju battle don't add up - just looking at my payout if the numbers were based only on the attack damage I should have gotten a lower payout. If it was based only on the combat power I should have gotten a bigger payout. In fact I think for Kaijus 50% of payout is based on damage and 50% based on attack power (then the numbers do kinda add up - its a bit messy because there was an additional offensive battle with the Kaiju with a single battle it would have been much easier to work out).

But that would not be the case for other NPC battles which, as Luna points out, may be determine exclusively on the basis of military power brought to bear... which I recall was easier to calculate because of the potentially complex setup of many units being involved on both sides of those battles while in the case of Kaijus there is only ever one Kaiju (maybe we can convince Seren to give us a Kaiju nest?)
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

9/11/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
I think Serenity has it correct. It takes you r military power every turn and adds it to the total as a score used for division. Its been a long time and you will all make me look it up now =)
0 link