HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Inaccurate Population Lost in Battle Reports Messages in this topic - RSS

Cortex
Cortex

9/22/2018
Cortex
Cortex
A few of us have recently noticed situations where the population lost during battles over cities seems to be different than what is shown in the battle reports.

In my own case, battles 31884-31887 (Turns 70041-70044, over Dufur, Panther X) report 640 population lost each for a total of about 2.5k lost. These battles occured right after the founding of the city, so the population was a bit over 900k. However, after the battles, the actual population was around 860k. I didn't think much of it at the time, but there have been other cases reported.

Green Inc has also reported a similar situation recently after the Safehold Corp attacks on the Terran Federation (battle 32216, turn 70830, over London). The battle report shows 193,700 population lost, but Green Inc believes the real number was more like 1.5million.

If I can guess at a potential cause, the current reports appear to show that population lost is equal to 10% of the attacker's power. I don't have enough data to figure out how the real amount lost is being calculated, but it seems to be on the order of the sum of both the attacker and defender's power (give or take a bit and somewhat dependent on the existing population of the city).

Any chance this can get looked into?
0 link