HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Battleships Bug? Messages in this topic - RSS

LoImpact
LoImpact

10/10/2018
LoImpact
LoImpact
According to base stats, battleships should do pretty good at receiving damage, but if you look at the battle a guild mate had, he got hammered and had to withdraw both his battleships even though the rest of his fleet did fine. I refer to attack event numbers 33349 through 33357.
0 link
Serenity
Serenity

10/10/2018
Serenity
Serenity
Unfortunately, most of the ships has very little HP compared to their size. I think, only the monolith can be used as a tank. Ground units are superior compared to ships, both in damage and survivability. upset

Edit: In my opinion, the best unit to use for tanking damage are Neo Tanks. They have 200 size and 100,000 HP (without artifacts) for 10 logistics and 60,000 upkeep.

Edit2: A Battleship has 100 size and 30,000 HP with level 10 Health upgrades (without artifacts) for 10 logistics and 250,000 upkeep.

edited by Serenity on 10/10/2018

--
Sweet Fruit Supply
0 link
Iyurrr
Iyurrr

10/15/2018
Iyurrr
Iyurrr
Totaly agree with Neo Tanks. But mostly against some ground forces.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

10/19/2018
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Serenity wrote:
Unfortunately, most of the ships has very little HP compared to their size. I think, only the monolith can be used as a tank. Ground units are superior compared to ships, both in damage and survivability. upset

Edit: In my opinion, the best unit to use for tanking damage are Neo Tanks. They have 200 size and 100,000 HP (without artifacts) for 10 logistics and 60,000 upkeep.

Edit2: A Battleship has 100 size and 30,000 HP with level 10 Health upgrades (without artifacts) for 10 logistics and 250,000 upkeep.

Ships were not supposed to be superior in all ways to ground units. Ground units, even if that means fighters and variteks, are the primary "force" in the game. Ships are very expensive options to take on ground forces because ships in general, especially the big ones, don't hit the ground very well at all considering what they cost o use. That was by design. Even the idea of Variteks which don't have bad weaknesses except not hitting ships hard at all but no strong counter unit are terribly expensive and almost impractical to use, financially, unless they are the right unit for the job at the time

Currently there isn't much to attack "in space" so everything is essentially a ground fight. Because the ships are so large and ground units hit them so slightly they make good "tanks" for a ground fights, drawing a lot of fire, but only if you bring other actual ground forces. You can't simply mass ships and expect to do well in ground fights unless you have an overwhelming fleet. If you do want a ground hitting fleet of ships only the most effective money to attack vs ground is Cruisers/destroyers depending what you're hitting and Monolith. Battleships are all around units that even have hangar capacity and the Dreadnought is mainly an anti big ship unit.
edited by DrDread on 10/19/2018
0 link