HomeFeature Requests

Use this forum to ask for new features or suggest changes to the game.

What should we work on next? 10/2019 Messages in this topic - RSS

What should we work on next?

Anomalies / Quests:10
Guild Bank:12
Strategic Locations:9
Political Score:11
Remake the Website Modern:13
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

10/6/2019
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
The game has just been reset this weekend and many of the things on the previous WSWWON (working title). So now I'm positing another another one but with mostly the same features. I was able to get these features in but they are pretty rudimentary so if voted for I can work on them more to expand the existing feature.

Anomalies / Quests: These are in but only the Haul mission is implemented. This was a bare minimum to get anomalies into the game, re spawning and picking random missions appropriately but there's only one mission type right now. A vote for this means I'll prioritize adding all the other missions types I had in mind. Transport, Combat, Exploration etc.

Guild Bank: Currently you can set a tax rate across your guild members to take their profits and put into a guild bank. The guild leaders can go to their guild mates assets page and check off their assets that the guild will pay the upkeep on. A vote here will prioritize me expanding the guild system in general which would include moving money directly into the bank, taxing members (probably by guild rank) different tax rates and making more ranks that are editable in name.

Strategic Locations: These were never implemented but they would be places / structures that you can capture from each other (never destroy) that give your corp some kind of perk. It could be a prison colony that provides free infantry. It could be a special geological site that give your corp a special bonus to a particular category of materials or even products. It can be something that allows all your ships to engage low level warp anywhere without a gate etc.

Political Score: Currently there is a political score based on your titles which only gives a boost to logistics. A vote here would mean you want me to expand the political score into the actual voting system and re-work some of the political voting system also. Perhaps allowing for Whitelist/Blacklist of other corps at a rulers sphere of influence which can prevent them from buying selling, constructing in that leaders area. Earth would always be allowed even if you are a ruler there. That's just a couple of examples

Unit Order Features: This would be things like a buy sell price kill switch setting to prevent units from buying or selling when the demand is too low or high. It would also include working on the much asked for "How long is this order loop going to take?" feature.

Remake the Website Modern: A big ask but this would be too spend time re making the entire games UI into a more modern format. The layout of the game is a design from nearly 10 years ago. I would slowly recreate the game in a new framework where things would still be familiar but it would work much better on all devices and probably run smoother also.
+3 link
Iyurrr
Iyurrr

10/6/2019
Iyurrr
Iyurrr
Well, I'd like to vote for a several features simultaneously smile
As the number of players has been increased, at least for the start, I guess it's necessary to make a focus on political/social interaction, what could be a huge motivator for playing. So, from my point of view, political score features could be the cool addition to the game and it has some similarity with my thoughts. However, strategic locations and guild banks are not less important.

PS: As for UI - what is more important, it's a mobile interface. Website design could wait for a while, but if you have some time - it's better to concentrate on mobile version.
edited by Iyurrr on 10/6/2019
edited by Iyurrr on 10/6/2019
0 link
St4rWars
St4rWars

10/6/2019
St4rWars
St4rWars
was here~
0 link
damien
damien

10/6/2019
damien
damien
I'd personally like to see the political features fleshed out some more. I think the number 1 thing that gives BOTG its charm is the political landscape. While charters are fun and people tend to act in good faith in regards to rulership, it would be interesting to see some real influence awarded to political leaders outside of hoping the largest military figures will be on your side when push comes to shove.

I'd also like to add that I don't really see any issues with the UI, and changing it up could be uber risky. I could see some work be put into making things fit into a mobile screen better, but I'd personally like to see little energy (if any) go into messing with the UI.
+1 link
Zip444
Zip444

10/7/2019
Zip444
Zip444
I wanted to vote for Unit Order, but you missed it out of the poll
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

10/8/2019
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Zip444 wrote:
I wanted to vote for Unit Order, but you missed it out of the poll

Wow you're right. I'm so sorry
0 link
DeltaX1121
DeltaX1121

10/23/2019
DeltaX1121
DeltaX1121
yeah, I would vote for unit order too. But Strat Locations seem very interresting too, as long as they dont break the balance of the game.

I actually like the retro look of the game, although some functions are a bit annoying (like the "back" arrow not always leading back to were you came from).

I am a bit more worried about the political score thing. it seems it could potentially make it even harder for new corps to gain power, and make the old ones even stronger.

Guild bank seems pretty self-contained to, well, guilds. So thats something guild-people probably would want.

more missons are just nice to have, but not a pressing matter in my opinion.
0 link
AresCorp
AresCorp

12/19/2019
AresCorp
AresCorp
I have a simple request.. I think it would be really cool if the different levels of units had different pictures. With each progressive level adding 1 more "feature" to the picture..... It would help with engangement, when all the different "level" units don't look all the same.
0 link
AresCorp
AresCorp

12/19/2019
AresCorp
AresCorp
Dread, please don't let the "guilds" call the shots. Mob rule sucks. Plus alts and everything. Add SUBSTANCE!!
0 link
LilJon
LilJon

7/1/2020
LilJon
LilJon
We need a better UI. And we need more intelligent-based orders.

In recent discussions on the Comms, the point has been made that this is a complex game and it takes three months to learn everything.

Bullocks.

It IS complex, but it is also complicated. Unnecessarily complicated.

The three month learning curve is, and will continue to, drive customers away (real customers, not the ones building a future out on Mercury). I am a non-paying player, and will continue to be (non-paying) until I see something worth paying for (or another game). I should not have to spend the night researching what opportunities are available, based on current assets, nor should I have to spend an inordinate time tactically "watching the market" and realigning my freighters from one system to another.

As an upside, the tutorial was one of the best I have seen, though it stopped woefully short. Given the inordinate difficulties associated with an old 20th century UI, there needs to be walk-through tutorials on how to find business opportunities. I really hated the way this one ended, "Go forth (and mind the first step - it is a bone-cruncher)"
0 link
Iyurrr
Iyurrr

7/6/2020
Iyurrr
Iyurrr
A small QOL suggestion:
Add research production types to variables. It's impossible now to set them as a vars, sometimes could be quite bothering.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/11/2020
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
The website UI is going to be remade from the ground up. I'm already looking into it. The layout will be familiar but the screen themselves are going to be remade to be a lot more user friendly. I want to fix a few things first namely whats on the poll,make sure its stable and then start re-working the website on the side
+1 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/25/2023
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
From 4 years ago.....
I think the only thing left is to remake the website as modern . Do strategic locations after that
0 link
HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil

11/7/2023
HeroofEvil
HeroofEvil
Please see: http://forum.baronsofthegalaxy.com/topic4122-feature-requests-and-bugs--a-community-list-.aspx?MessageID=9520#post9520
0 link