HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

PvP Talk; Flags, Zones, Peace, or Flame Wars Messages in this topic - RSS

What do you think about these (Player Run) PvP ideas?

Interested in PvP Flags:0
Interested in Pvp Zones:2
Interested in Flags and Zones:0
Bah! Leave things how they are:0
(no opinion) We can make polls? Cool!:0
HenriDavidon
HenriDavidon

2/22/2022
HenriDavidon
HenriDavidon
PvP- great in theory, tough in practice. Am I ruining someones day? Will I be destroyed for stealing hoverbikes? Can I hinder the competition without being a bad player?

Here are a few ideas to chew on (all player run of course)

PvP Flags; A way to tell people 'I can handle losing a fight'.
PvP Zones; Planets or locations where PvP is expected/accepted

Rules of Escalation; Some kind of eye for an eye arrangement?

(PvP) Peace; What we're enjoying now. Polite and profitable.
Flame Wars; ugh. Comms battles before, during and after HQ wipe.

Grown Up Plots and Feuds; Are these a myth? I feel like I've heard grand war stories from the First Ones and the Old Gods that didn't end with rage quitting.

Feel free discuss here for future reference - you can edit or delete forum posts if you need to
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

3/29/2022
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
The game isn't actively updated right now, it may be rebuilt one day but one of the changes would probably be to make earth a no pvp starter [planet where only attacks on NPCs factions are possible and also earth would have some sort of progressive tax system making it impractical for corps to trade on earth as soon as they get larger, leaving it as as table planet fo newer players, or corprs that have been liquidated and starting over.
Having more "mob planets" or areas where you can casually attack things for money or artifacts or some other currency (like a nomral MMO) is also something I would want to include in the future
0 link