Lucifer

all messages by user

12/7/2017
Topic:
#! Priority: FIX THE LAAAAAAG!

Lucifer
Lucifer
buncha whiners.

im just happy my modem isnt trying to break into a single line board so i can use my 500 TW turns.

i have no complaints about the lag considering how much i pay to play, and any slowness certainly wouldnt prompt me to stop playing. hell, the game isnt even in real time.

i would suggest that anyone who wouldnt play this kind of game because they have to hit refresh often, isnt the kind of person who should be playing this kind of game.
12/7/2017
Topic:
BANG

Lucifer
Lucifer
i want a Genesis Device so i can bang out my own planet or perhaps completely terraform an existing one.

would also make a great terrorist weapon if you want to kill your nemesis and his son on a rocky planet somewhere...
12/7/2017
Topic:
BANG

Lucifer
Lucifer
Doctor Dread wrote:
Lucifer wrote:
i want a Genesis Device so i can bang out my own planet or perhaps completely terraform an existing one.

would also make a great terrorist weapon if you want to kill your nemesis and his son on a rocky planet somewhere...

.... You can't blow up a planet but there are artifacts like GeoScorcher Solar Reducer that nuke populations in entire planets or systems. Theres also things like AI Supervirus that steal profits from an entire planet. There is usually a lot of retribution by other players when you use them though, but hey, its terrorism =)

Check out the Hompage >> Guide >> Artifacts The effects are listed.

Unfortunately there is no way to steal artifacts... yet, they are produced at research facilities and at artifact resources. Maybe buy some from another player?
12/7/2017
Topic:
BANG

Lucifer
Lucifer
i was using Bang in the colloquial to mean "big bang", ie, to create via destruction.

further, i never considered the destruction of a planet as part of the devices function;

The Genesis Device was a sophisticated technological innovation designed to alleviate sociological problems such as overpopulation and limited food supplies. Its development was completed by a team of scientists led by Carol Marcus and her son, David Marcus, in on the Regula I in the Mutara sector.
The device initiated a process of rapid terraforming, by which previously uninhabitable planets could be turned into class M worlds ready for colonization. This was accomplished by launching the Genesis Device, a torpedo-shaped projectile, into a lifeless planet. Upon impact, the device caused a massive explosion, reducing the entire area to subatomic particles. A preprogrammed matrix then reassembled these subatomic particles into the desired configuration, creating an atmosphere and environment habitable for Humans within a matter of hours, regardless of the test area's original composition.

edited by Lucifer on 12/7/2017