HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

About those dangerous fads... Messages in this topic - RSS

Vulpex
Vulpex

8/20/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
I'm looking at the way the dangerous fads etc affects the cities and it is something that I have to wonder about - especially the way it hits small cities which are trying to grow.

Here is my experience:

Western, Gulyaev V

Event ID - 1392
Event ends - Turn 1965

Stage: 2 - Voters have elected to BAN this dangerous fad - Ends: 1965
As a result of this outcome every product in the Gadgets category will fall by 100 and the population of planet Gulyaev V will increase 1% over the next 100 turns.

Ok so far so good.

But here is the problem.

We are in turn 3074 (over 1000 turns since the fad ended) demand for gadgets which have never been sold in Gulyaev (e.g. cellphones) is now at 12.8 % - I also checked after 500 turns, demand at that point was at 7.8 %.

At this rate I expect it will take something between 3000-5000 turns for a new city to recover from one of these fads.

If this is working as intended - fine, but it does seem a bit harsh when trying to setup an economy in new systems.
edited by Vulpex on 8/20/2016
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/20/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
The reason why the Gadgets category is rising so slowly is that when a city is under 2 million population the only thing that goes up at the normal rate are the tier 1 resources products. Everything else is at 1/10th normal. When the city population hits 2 million, 3 million and 5 million. The Components, End Products and Services demand rise at a normal rate. It's something we changed before beta so new cities have a chance to grow while corps supply them just the simple stuff.

This needs to be added to the guide, I'll try today.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

8/20/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
ok good to know :p was trying to supply high end stuff to stimulate growth, guess I was doing it wrong!
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

8/20/2016
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Vulpex wrote:
ok good to know :p was trying to supply high end stuff to stimulate growth, guess I was doing it wrong!

Bringing the demand down so low WILL help it makes the growth faster the lower the demand average is.
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

8/22/2016
Vulpex
Vulpex
It can help the city I see that but it completely trashes predicted sales value if not accounted for - it will be great to have that info in the guide thanks!
0 link