HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Kaiju dissapeared after being attacked Messages in this topic - RSS

Orexis
Orexis

2/7/2017
Orexis
Orexis
I had a fleeting waiting for the Kaiju on Odegard V to wake up and a recurring attack order ongoing. When the creature awoke, the fleet attacked as expected, and the battle report looked normal, but then I noticed a second battle report on the same turn from the Kaiju attacking the area. Looking at that battle report, it was the exact same (all ships showing as taking the same damage, not additional damage, as my attack, just with the sides reversed. I didn't think much of it and figured the battles would recur the next turn and go on until the Kaiju was dead, but nothing happened. I then looked at the location and the Kaiju was gone, nowhere on the entire planet. I think maybe both battles happened simultaneously and since it took over 50% damage from one battle, it likely died - my units show as taking damage from both battles as well so I'm fairly sure this is what happened. The odd thing is, I didn't get any reward or anything, probably because in each battle neither actually shows the Kaiju as "destroyed", so neither probably triggered the reward event but since the Kaiju had negative health it died or disappeared or something. Might want to take a look at bugs like this that could happen if two sides attack each other on the same turn
0 link
Orexis
Orexis

2/7/2017
Orexis
Orexis
Correction, bounty did trigger, was just so little I didn't notice 8). I'd still recommend taking a look at this situation though. As at the very least, two battles happen when really it should probably just be one. It also negates the affects from unit damage over time. For instance if the second battle had happened the next turn, the Kaiju would have done reduced damage to my units since it would have been at half health.

Thanks!
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

2/8/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
It is actually two battles and it sounds like it worked correctly. When it attacks you, you get any defenses you happen to have, not so when you are attacking, for example. Battles all happen at the same time, they don't go in order applying that battles damage and then move to the next one, all the damage is applied at the same time so wont see the damage from that single battle if you're in more than one I could probably show an icon in the battle report to show that your units were in multiple battles that turn.

Level 1 Kaiju isn't worth much at all. Its like a 20x stack of tanks or fighters. The random level is restricted by the population of the planet, something like 1 level max per 10mil pop.
0 link