HomeGeneral Discussion

General topics about Barons of the Galaxy

Salvage Hurts the Game? Messages in this topic - RSS

ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye

2/16/2017
ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
Something just seems wrong with the way that salvage is built into the game currently. Why would anyone take the time to contract/transport raw materials to other players for $100-200/per if they can instantly salvage them for $200-300? (P.S. Dont do this, send them all to Buenos Aires) XD

I understand this could be higher due to current state of the game, but I am wondering if there is a better way to do this.

Thanks for reading,
Archer Bullseye
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

2/16/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
To be honest I don't like the salvage option too much because it doesn't affect demand. It might need to be less than 50% return or it actually affect demand on whole planet. not sure
0 link
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy

2/17/2017
BaronOfThGalaxy
BaronOfThGalaxy
you can donate them to terran federation to increase the planet security lol
0 link
Orexis
Orexis

2/18/2017
Orexis
Orexis
Agree, Perhaps salvaging should affect demand at twice the rate selling does. You lose a lot of potential money salvaging lots, but at least you can help the city grow this way. Think of it as a gift to the people, you make half as much income, but the people get a lot of half priced stuff, which is great especially if they've also been paying the normal sky high demand rates for food, water, clothing, etc.
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

2/19/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Orexis wrote:
Agree, Perhaps salvaging should affect demand at twice the rate selling does. You lose a lot of potential money salvaging lots, but at least you can help the city grow this way. Think of it as a gift to the people, you make half as much income, but the people get a lot of half priced stuff, which is great especially if they've also been paying the normal sky high demand rates for food, water, clothing, etc.

If I wasn't focusing on UI I would incorporate selling "stacks" via contract. You may not have a use for 100k pork piled up by someone else might take the stack as is. No delivery just change the owner for money
0 link
Orexis
Orexis

2/19/2017
Orexis
Orexis
Doctor Dread wrote:
Orexis wrote:

If I wasn't focusing on UI I would incorporate selling "stacks" via contract. You may not have a use for 100k pork piled up by someone else might take the stack as is. No delivery just change the owner for money

Unfortunately I don't think anyone would bother with this rather than just salvaging over and over millions of units of a product at 1000 demand.
0 link
ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye

2/20/2017
ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
I think maybe just lowering the % of return for salvage would discourage its use to only extreme use cases. Like 10%-25% of the planet demand... ?
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

2/20/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
ArcherBullseye wrote:
I think maybe just lowering the % of return for salvage would discourage its use to only extreme use cases. Like 10%-25% of the planet demand... ?

Salvage just got lowered to 25% today
0 link
ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye

2/21/2017
ArcherBullseye
ArcherBullseye
Excellent!
0 link