HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Combat Damage Distribution Messages in this topic - RSS

FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge

5/17/2017
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
Hello Dread!

Hope your first couple of days launched haven't been too TOO hectic!

After making an attack on the Neptune Raiders, I noticed one of their Fighters was at "-69 -69%" health. Did the damage go past it's actual health and not get redistributed to the other units accurately? I've attached a photo of the interaction.

-BB

Attachments:
Battle Bug..JPG
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/18/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
You can blow past a units maximum health like this. You did enough anti fighter damage to kill it 1.5 times over =)
You came in with a bunch of corvettes against a level 1 fighter
0 link
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge

5/18/2017
FuriousGeorge
FuriousGeorge
yes but I was surprised that they didn't redirect fire onto the other small unit. I know some of it spread, but I was just surprised it didn't kill the two units and leave the building standing haha. Good to know!
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/18/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Yeah doesn't work that way.

In my experience the combat algorithm looks a bit like this....

First it assigns criticals,
Then it looks at what you are shooting at - and assigns the proportion of damage based on the relative size of your targets.
Then it looks at your units and applies the damage from each unit, scaled both by the proportion of damage a unit takes due to size and by the amount of damage that a given unit takes from it's attacker. Plus or Minus damage from criticals which cause extra damage to be taken.

Which means that yes - a unit can be overkilled. I recall situations where units were overkilled by a lot while others were left standing (though damaged).

When you have 40-50 units per side things get interesting.
0 link