HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Defenses not Working Messages in this topic - RSS

TCromwell
TCromwell

5/28/2017
TCromwell
TCromwell
I was recently raided, and my guilds defenses did not open up on the attackers. Is this a bug or do they only defend the builder?

--
Emperor of Earth
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/28/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
Defensive structures (fortresses, shields, missile turrets, ion cannons and railguns) ONLY defend their owner, not the guild, not the location.

Personally I think this is a bit of a bug but it's how they are setup. As it makes it very hard to consolidate defenses in practice.
0 link
TCromwell
TCromwell

5/28/2017
TCromwell
TCromwell
Aye i agree that is just plain silly. If you can set units to defend at three different levels, no reason the buildings couldn't be set the same way. I am going to submit it to the features

--
Emperor of Earth
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/29/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
Defenses, right now, only defend you. Only when you are attacked, even if you are guarding your guild they wont come because they are not set to guard. I agree its a little silly and I need to change it. The Terran fed defenses are actually set to "Guard" which isn't even possible for normal players to do as a workaround. Setting Defenses to "guard" is a little clunky and a lot more micro so instead I have this idea to change the defenses mechanic so they will defend attacks against you like they do now but also to be present in any fight that any of YOUR UNITS are in, automatically. That is a lot easier to implement. That would mean that if you want your defenses to protect your allies, one of your normal units would have to be on the defending side already, then your defenses will join the fight on the defense.But if you have NO units there or they are destroyed, and you have no structures being attacked either then your defenses wont come to the fight.
0 link
TCromwell
TCromwell

5/29/2017
TCromwell
TCromwell
I think that's a pretty fair way of doing it. It also makes a fair amount of RP sense. With out troops bunkers and static defenses don't have much point.

--
Emperor of Earth
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

5/29/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
This would be awesome. This is where I would normally insert cute happy smilies with lots of hearts.

Seriously... did you think I was the kind of guy to play around with smilies like that? HAH!
0 link
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator

5/29/2017
Doctor Dread
Doctor Dread
Administrator
SO, I looked at this and tried to implement it and , it seems to work perfectly on first try so Its uploaded on the live site right now =)

I'll make a post in dev about it but generally speaking . Your defenses will join ANY fight that one of your units is in for any reason. So if you are guarding a corp and your units go in because of the guar, any defenses you ahve at location will come in ont he defending side also. If you DO NOT have a unit defending your allies then your defenses WILL NOT respond. Your defenses have no orders set on them and they cannot be set to guard. Your defenses simply come in automatically into any fight, on the defense only, your units are in at that location. In a pinch, send a scout, just get something to get into the fight and you can bring all your defenses with you.

Also, Shipyards and Bases are considered "Defenses". With this change they now show up on defense also.
0 link
TCromwell
TCromwell

5/31/2017
TCromwell
TCromwell
Sweet thanks!

--
Emperor of Earth
0 link