HomeBug Reporting

When you find any bugs in the game please post them here but do not post exploits!

Ocrowd - facilities with reduced production Messages in this topic - RSS

Vulpex
Vulpex

7/17/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
My understanding of the Ocrowd mechanism was that the more materials are extracted from a resource, the higher the Ocrowd goes.

However this is not what seems to be happening.

Specifically Ocrowd seems to consider facilities which are not in production (HALTED) to be in full production when calculating the Ocrowd penalty. Thus even if several people in a location are not producing anything the rest is hit by a potentially very significant Ocrowd penalty.

It seems like this is both a bug and a problem as it can be used to cheaply overcrowd locations (you overcrowd by not producing anything - so you pay very little for causing the Ocrowd).

I suspect that this is not what is intended but it has at times a very important impact on the game economics.

(I am not sure how Ocrowding handles facilities in partial production but that may be also an issue? Maybe worth checking if this is being looked into)
0 link
Aywanez
Aywanez

7/17/2017
Aywanez
Aywanez
I can confirm that partial production works as intended- if you produce less than 100%, you get overcrowding only for the amount your produce.
0 link
Rekkles
Rekkles

7/17/2017
Rekkles
Rekkles
Vulpex wrote:
My understanding of the Ocrowd mechanism was that the more materials are extracted from a resource, the higher the Ocrowd goes.

However this is not what seems to be happening.

Specifically Ocrowd seems to consider facilities which are not in production (HALTED) to be in full production when calculating the Ocrowd penalty. Thus even if several people in a location are not producing anything the rest is hit by a potentially very significant Ocrowd penalty.

It seems like this is both a bug and a problem as it can be used to cheaply overcrowd locations (you overcrowd by not producing anything - so you pay very little for causing the Ocrowd).

I suspect that this is not what is intended but it has at times a very important impact on the game economics.

(I am not sure how Ocrowding handles facilities in partial production but that may be also an issue? Maybe worth checking if this is being looked into)

I didnt find this.
My facilities were caused the overcrowding in a particular area to jump to 44%.
I switched it off, and checked out the overcrowding, which had dropped to 30%

Not to say its not happening, but at least in Cairo it didnt :p
0 link
Vulpex
Vulpex

7/17/2017
Vulpex
Vulpex
After some testing it seems that this is not a general bug but something that is constrained to artifact sites for some reason. Artifact sites which are HALTED still cause the same level of overcrowding as if they were operating at full capacity.
0 link