Vulpex

all messages by user

9/4/2018
Topic:
City grows even though its demand isn't fulfilled

Vulpex
Vulpex
Are you sure it is growing? I am looking at it right now and the population is clearly dropping. Even though if you look at the viewscreen and it says pop goes up by 4 or 5 per turn it is actually dropping by 12-13 per turn.

There is a kinda display bug where the effects of certain events are not actually reflected in the growth of the city - you need to check turn by turn to see if the city is growing or not. In this case, it is very clearly not.
9/6/2018
Topic:
Moon Charter Vote Results

Vulpex
Vulpex
Let me help you out...

Vote totals

1) Yes, enact a moon charter based on precedent - 34 454
2) Yes, but with different requirements than previous - 32 935
3) No, do not enact the moon charter - 235
9/6/2018
Topic:
Moon Charter Vote Results

Vulpex
Vulpex
I can imagine. Been there... happy to let you have the fun!
9/10/2018
Topic:
Bug/Inconsistency with Unit Repairs

Vulpex
Vulpex
This is correct, but it is not a bug it is a feature. I recall waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day having the discussion that having your armies go back to base to repair was the one (and only) way to reduce repair costs.

I was not aware of the stacking repair bonuses... but again I am not sure this is not something that is not working as intended.
9/10/2018
Topic:
Combat Events

Vulpex
Vulpex
I can confirm that in overkill situations it is damage inflicted not power brought to bear that is the basis for payouts.

At the last Kaiju I was the guy with 20 lvl 10 gunsuits... equivalent to.. uh... something like 12,000 lvl 1 battlesuits. - my overall military power was about 1.2 million in that fight (the gunsuits had company) compared to about 1.5 from the other two participants but I dealt only about 17% of the damage (It was a flying kaiju... damn things are hard to aim at in a gunsuit).

The payout was unfortunately proportional to the damage, not the military power...
edited by Vulpex on 9/10/2018
9/10/2018
Topic:
What is the best & comfortable business model?

Vulpex
Vulpex
There is no one answer to this question - as the guest has pointed out the context of the Galaxy is critical.

I've been around a bit and keeping micromanagement down is really important for me because... you know life. In each of the phases of the game a different model seemed to work best - note I say work best, not be optimal. Here is roughly how it went:

Beta - pre-release: This was the wild west, lots of cash floating around no one was really optimising anything we were finding broken things and uh... blowing things up. Lots of fun, but lots of micro management (or simply ignoring the economy, when you know the universe is going to reset in 7 days things are a bit different. When Seren announced that reset was pushed back a few days... I went broke. Good thing I had won the war by then...)

Early days - focus focus focus... you picked a type of product and grew with it or something like that... in my case it was synthetics, Obsidian was working on narcotics others had different focuses but trading between cities was HUGELY profitable - then the city events got toned down.

Earth - past the first month - Basically kept micromanagement down by focussing on a few products, a bit more expanded, and supplying all of earth. In the meantime some colonies were opening up - but it took a while for markets to become stable and often they would fail. Failed colonies in Centauri, Luyten and others, moderate success in Rigil but eventual collapse there as well. I minimised micromanagement by providing a limited set of products to a wide range of markets (I still remember my poor orders, dozens and dozens of lines long selling everywhere on earth and beyond too). It worked, but slowly diminishing returns and military build up required more resources which led to...

Gulyaev - war and colonization - big markets, big demands followed by a crash when the boosting mechanic was changed. Too unstable and required micromanagement for a long time. Required at times runs back to earth to sell excess goods (this was before we had warp gates...) meh...

The return... So I came back and now it seems as if things are simpler. I now produce everything (all end products, intermediate products, services and raw materials) focus on one city, to make it grow, sell excess to other neighbouring cities. Surprisingly light in management (a lot less than before) though still more than I would like. Requires a little tweaking every couple of days but mainly the economy runs itself quite well like this.

However, there are ways to have even less of a micromanagement, just have to find what works for you but be aware that whatever is working, will for sure eventually stop working. So always have a couple of alternative strategies available, and enough cash on hand to handle a bit of an economic slump.
9/10/2018
Topic:

Vulpex
Vulpex
All I know is... it works really really well. (Oh and 200% log penalty? Some corps aré running at over 600% logpenalty)
9/11/2018
Topic:

Vulpex
Vulpex
I can confirm that there is absolutely no buying / selling involved in all this. Only production -> Sale.

And in fact we all have somewhat different models on how we do things.

If you don't want people going over the logistics level you might as well implement a hard cap and leave it at that. But that would make things a whole lot less interesting.

I understand the maths of your proposal Boldor but let me ask this - do you think it would make the game more or less interesting?
9/11/2018
Topic:
Combat Events

Vulpex
Vulpex
You know... looking at the figures more closely and the event descriptions...

Maybe the Kaiju is a bit special in that it HAS to have a concern for damage because Kaiju can take damage outside of combat.

Either way the numbers on the Kaiju battle don't add up - just looking at my payout if the numbers were based only on the attack damage I should have gotten a lower payout. If it was based only on the combat power I should have gotten a bigger payout. In fact I think for Kaijus 50% of payout is based on damage and 50% based on attack power (then the numbers do kinda add up - its a bit messy because there was an additional offensive battle with the Kaiju with a single battle it would have been much easier to work out).

But that would not be the case for other NPC battles which, as Luna points out, may be determine exclusively on the basis of military power brought to bear... which I recall was easier to calculate because of the potentially complex setup of many units being involved on both sides of those battles while in the case of Kaijus there is only ever one Kaiju (maybe we can convince Seren to give us a Kaiju nest?)
7/8/2019
Topic:
Earth - Imperial Mandate

Vulpex
Vulpex
*points to the city of lost Emperors* I would welcome you but I am on the way out. Enjoy.