WalterParrot

all messages by user

9/16/2016
Topic:
Contracts

WalterParrot
WalterParrot
So, I know this topic has been brought up about mercenary contracts a while back, which I think is great, but there are other types of contracts that I think would be useful. I think loans would be incredibly useful for large companies with extra cash to lend to new, fledgling corps, earning interest on their payments. Venture Capitalism, Investing, and Partnership contracts could be drafted to give investors equity in other companies, taking a portion of profit. Similarly, a stock exchange could be created for companies to offer shares of their companies.

There comes a point in this game where it becomes less and less profitable to expand production, whether due to overcrowding, logistics penalties, maintaining distribution, etc. Contracts such as these would allow large corporations to use their excess capital to lend to and invest in companies with less capital to spend. I think this is the one thing missing from this game; it is excellent otherwise and I'm excited to see where it goes.
9/23/2016
Topic:
Where did you hear about Barons of the Galaxy?

WalterParrot
WalterParrot
Was browsing through Kickstarter campaigns in the game category, then found this. This is exactly the kind of browser game I've been looking for. Haven't been satisfied with browser games since early v1.0 Erepublik. I hate pay to win....
10/10/2016
Topic:
Issuing Bounty for Yellow Peril

WalterParrot
WalterParrot
They have attacked, unprovoked, my lumber yard on Earth. Since we cannot issue bounties in a more conventional sense, I will create a contract with any interested party, buying 1-10 units of goods (any good) from them for $50,00-$500,000 per unit. Each of these units are to represent a destroyed unit of Yellow Peril's. I will issue a contract to any party that has destroyed one of Yellow Peril's units, with these same terms. More powerful units that are destroyed will result in higher bounty. These contracts will result until Yellow Peril yields, and pays reparations. Message or reply.
10/13/2016
Topic:
Issuing Bounty for Yellow Peril

WalterParrot
WalterParrot
Thanks! I was planning on it, just hadn't got around to it. Let me know if you're interested too, because his raiding has become quite a nuisance...